Ticket updates.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Ticket updates.

Post by quakerste » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Got my tickets today for the three friendlies.

Newcastle have sold around 2000 tickets so far but Darlo are expecting them to bring around 4000. The tickets from the arena are going slowly, but knowing darlo folk they will turn up on the night expect to get in staright away, then whinge because they've got to queue.

Season tickets sold is around the same number as last year.

Quakerz

Re: Ticket updates.

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh dear.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Seems the euphoria has well and truly washed away.....

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 pm

The travelling masses will feel they've done their bit by going to Wembley.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 pm

divas wrote:Seems the euphoria was well and truly not capitalised on...
:|

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 pm

The club hasn't capitalised on Wembley.

Still, I'm sure crowds will go up next season if we are top 3 throughout rather than 7th or 8th occasionally dropping into the bottom half.

Averaging over 2,000 would be some small progress.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
quakerste wrote:Got my tickets today for the three friendlies.

Newcastle have sold around 2000 tickets so far but Darlo are expecting them to bring around 4000. The tickets from the arena are going slowly, but knowing darlo folk they will turn up on the night expect to get in staright away, then whinge because they've got to queue.

Don't know where you get your information from. Newcastle's whole allocation has been sold!
It was a computer glitch.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm

How predictable, I wonder what Raj Singh makes of that? Speaking of Raj he has been rather quiet lately.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:28 pm

quaker4life wrote:How predictable, I wonder what Raj Singh makes of that? Speaking of Raj he has been rather quiet lately.
i think raj has his hands full with this southern cross mess looming over his head and finances
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Quaker-Razz wrote:
quaker4life wrote:How predictable, I wonder what Raj Singh makes of that? Speaking of Raj he has been rather quiet lately.
i think raj has his hands full with this southern cross mess looming over his head and finances
I thought Southern Cross belonged to Scott & Sizer?
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm

That was what I was told when I bought my tickets this morning.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:33 pm

8000 mags to a friendly at Darlo, what the hell have you been on today.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Quaker-Razz wrote:
From what I've read he's the landlord for only one Southern Cross home, could be worse.

Rocky Dennis

Post by Rocky Dennis » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:48 pm

quakerste wrote:Got my tickets today for the three friendlies.

Is that the same number as sold for the start of season last year or same as this time last year?

darloaturfeet

Post by darloaturfeet » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm

1100 season tickets sold.

Newcastle have sold 3000 for friday and we have sold 300! expect alot of people to pay on the day though!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 pm

darloaturfeet wrote:1100 season tickets sold.

Newcastle have sold 3000 for friday and we have sold 300! expect alot of people to pay on the day though!
If that's the case then I hope kick off isn't delayed, if they decide to turn up late fuck them.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:21 pm

My & 3 of my mates are still to buy season tickets and tickets for the friendlies :)

RA1919
Team Supported: Darlington RA

Post by RA1919 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Newcastle's allocation of 5,738 seats for Friday night's first pre-season friendly at Darlington have almost sold out, with just a small number of pay on the night cash only tickets remaining.
Thousands of tickets have been snapped up by supporters for the fixture on July 15, but those few remaining can be purchased on the evening with cash only from the visiting ticket office on the East Stand side of The Darlington Arena from 6.30pm
nufc.co.uk
Darlington RA keeping the faith

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:35 pm

1,100 season tickets :shock: Why on earth havn't the club been all over the f***ing town advertising and showing the trophy off. PR :roll:
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Heh, 300 home tickets, I bet there are more than 300 Darlo people in the away end.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Reckon there'll potentially also be more Newcastle fans in the home end than Darlo. If they've sold close to their allocation out then they'll be no doubt paying on the door for the home end - nothing wrong with that mind, we need to get to as close to 10K as poss and if that means Toon fans sitting with home fans then so be it.

Is our capacity 10K or was it further reduced? If it is then that means around 4.2K home tickets - can't see us shifting that many. You can also see the difference in mentality when it comes to buying advance tickets - Newcastle fans are obviously used to doing it for every game whereas ours never need to.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Still 10,000 providing we ask the council nicely.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:14 pm

If Newcastle have been given the North Stand why have they only been given 5,738, I thought the capacity for the stand was close to 11000?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:18 pm

quakerste wrote:If Newcastle have been given the North Stand why have they only been given 5,738, I thought the capacity for the stand was close to 11000?
5,738 will be about right I think and as has been said previously the crowd can not go over 10k, just imagine all those plastics turning up on the day to have the doors closed on them, what a twat. ;)

Spyman

Re: Re: Ticket updates.

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:21 pm

quaker4life wrote:
quakerste wrote:If Newcastle have been given the North Stand why have they only been given 5,738, I thought the capacity for the stand was close to 11000?
5,738 will be about right I think and as has been said previously the crowd can not go over 10k, just imagine all those plastics turning up on the day to have the doors closed on them, what a twat. ;)
Didn't you abandon the club last time the going got tough?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:27 pm

I have no doubt Darlo would go over 10000 if they turned up.,

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Spyman wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
Didn't you abandon the club last time the going got tough?

I still went fairly regularly after administration.

I only attended a handful of games in 2009/10 because that sorry excuse for a 'team' wasn't worth the effort tbf.

It was more a case of becoming disenchanted I've had a few lengthy periods where I haven't attended games and came back again.

Anyhow I don't see why it applies to this thread?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:03 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Spyman wrote: Didn't you abandon the club last time the going got tough?

I only attended a handful of games in 2009/10 because that sorry excuse for a 'team' wasn't worth the effort tbf.

It was more a case of becoming disenchanted I've had a few lengthy periods where I haven't attended games and came back again.

Just odd that you are referring to part-time supporters as 'plastics', given that you are one.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Spyman wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

Just odd that you are referring to part-time supporters as 'plastics', given that you are one.
Referring to plastic geordies....

I don't think Darlo are big enough to have plastic fans do you? Fairweather maybe but not plastic.

And even if I had gaps I was a season ticket holder for seven years and even when I stopped getting them I still attended regularly.... Also during those periods I wasn't there I didn't go and support any of the "big 3" etc.

Like many others I'd become disenchanted with the club after everything that had happened, it happens.

Spyman

Re: Re: Re: Ticket updates.

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Spyman wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

Referring to plastic geordies....

I don't think Darlo are big enough to have plastic fans do you? Fairweather maybe but not plastic.

And even if I had gaps I was a season ticket holder for seven years and even when I stopped getting them I still attended regularly.... Also during those periods I wasn't there I didn't go and support any of the "big 3" etc.

Like many others I'd become disenchanted with the club after everything that had happened, it happens.
Yep, it happens to part-timers.

DC