Darlo cut of Wembley Tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wylam_rangers
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo cut of Wembley Tickets

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Forget any ideas of making a fortune.....or any suggestions that we've lost out because Luton didn't get to the final.

This year the FA have addressed the balance and there is no overall share. We (and Mansfield) will get 20% of our own ticket sales - that's £12 for each adult. I guess we're looking at £100k tops based on 12000-15000 inc concessions.

For those complaining about (a small) online/telephone booking fee - think about the cost of getting to the Arena just to collect them - standing in queues etc. I bet most of you have stopped driving around town just to find the cheapest petrol - it's no longer worth it.

Just make sure you get your Wembley souvenirs from the Club in the next few weeks rather than lining the pockets of the Wembley traders.

(dismounts soapbox) :thumbup:

Norm_D_Ploom

Re: Darlo cut of Wembley Tickets

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:21 pm

All the more reason to drum up every possible supporter of DFC

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Raj's comment in the programme that we stand to make £100K from the final now starts to make sense.

Although surely you mean 40% of our own sales rather than 20% if we're getting £12 per adult ticket, so we're getting around half of what we initially expected.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 pm

divas wrote:Raj's comment in the programme that we stand to make £100K from the final now starts to make sense.

Although surely you mean 40% of our own sales rather than 20% if we're getting £12 per adult ticket, so we're getting around half of what we initially expected.

You're right...long day :?

mobi

Post by mobi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:58 am

wylam_rangers wrote:Forget any ideas of making a fortune.....or any suggestions that we've lost out because Luton didn't get to the final.

This year the FA have addressed the balance and there is no overall share. We (and Mansfield) will get 20% of our own ticket sales - that's £12 for each adult. I guess we're looking at £100k tops based on 12000-15000 inc concessions.

For those complaining about (a small) online/telephone booking fee - think about the cost of getting to the Arena just to collect them - standing in queues etc. I bet most of you have stopped driving around town just to find the cheapest petrol - it's no longer worth it.

Just make sure you get your Wembley souvenirs from the Club in the next few weeks rather than lining the pockets of the Wembley traders.

Can you post a link to the details, because this just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Usually, the total gate receipts are split 45% to each team and the rest goes to the FA. The way you describe it, sounds like each club is getting something that would approximate to 20% of the total receipts. i.e. both teams now get 40% of half of the total money. Surely that is incorrect, or am I missing something?

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:30 am

wylam_rangers wrote:Forget any ideas of making a fortune.....or any suggestions that we've lost out because Luton didn't get to the final.

20% of £30 is £6.00 or it was when i was at school !!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:38 am

Incorrect! From the FA Trophy Rules 2010-2011, available on the FA Website.

In the Final, the net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
45% to each club
10% to the pool (distributed at the discretion of the National Game Board)
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:09 pm

quakersam wrote:

Incorrect! From the FA Trophy Rules 2010-2011, available on the FA Website.

In the Final, the net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
45% to each club
10% to the pool (distributed at the discretion of the National Game Board)

Well you might like to listen to what Mr Fordy announced on Radio Tees last night

:shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :evil:

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Didn't know he was on, will have a listen :)

mobi

Post by mobi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:50 pm

quakersam wrote:Didn't know he was on, will have a listen :)
If you can post an accurate description of what Fordy said it would be great.

As it is described above (i.e. clubs taking 40% of own receipts only) it just simply cannot be correct.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:31 pm

mobi wrote:

As it is described above (i.e. clubs taking 40% of own receipts only) it just simply cannot be correct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... 5_03_2011/

About 43 minutes in. It is 20% of tickets sold on behalf of the club.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 pm

If thats the case then its nice to see the FA ripping off smaller clubs yet again :roll:

Why on earth cant it be a 45% share of the total like on the FAs own site?

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
mobi wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... 5_03_2011/

About 43 minutes in. It is 20% of tickets sold on behalf of the club.
So they question needs to be asked, where dies the other 60% go......greedy FA bastards.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 pm

So on the basis of 20% to the clubs, for every 1000 tickets sold the fa pocket the money for 800 of them :wtf:

littlecar

Post by littlecar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Just had a listen & he definitely says 20% of our own sales. Bloody hell - the FA & Wembley must be making a hellish profit on this then.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 pm

We only get 20% according to Fordy, piss poor and not a money spinner at all. Assuming we take 10,000 fans at an average of £20 a ticket, that's 200k income in total, or just 40k for us!

And don't forget, that is based on an optimistic following of 10,000!

So 40k plus 25/50k prize money = 65-90k from the final, not the 200k money spinner that I imagined.

I hope Fordy is either lying or misinformed but I doubt it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

littlecar

Post by littlecar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:51 pm

So if both sides take 10,000 each at an average of £20 per ticket, last year we would have got 45% of £400,000 = £180,000.

This year if we take 10,000 at an average of £20 per ticket, we will get £40,000.

How on earth do the FA justify that? Their profit has gone from approx £40,000 last year to £320,000 this year. Not a bad annual increase for them - thieving bastards

mobi

Post by mobi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Quakerz wrote:We only get 20% according to Fordy, piss poor and not a money spinner at all. Assuming we take 10,000 fans at an average of £20 a ticket, that's 200k income in total, or just 40k for us!

And don't forget, that is based on an optimistic following of 10,000!

So 40k plus 25/50k prize money = 65-90k from the final, not the 200k money spinner that I imagined.

I hope Fordy is either lying or misinformed but I doubt it.
I think Fordy is misinformed, which isn't good given the role he has at the club. The FA have never pocketed 80% of gate receipts for finals at Wembley and I doubt it is about to happen now. If someone can contact the FA they might be able to set the story straight.
Last edited by mobi on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:59 pm

As has been said, rule 22 (b) states 45% to both clubs, 10% to the pool which will be distributed as the fa sees fit

Also noticed in the rules that a multiball system is not allowed upto and including the semi finals, so that explains why it was used at Gateshead

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Anybody got any closer to finding out the actual percentage split of gate receipts yet?

Are the FA pulling off the swindle of the century?
Is Graeme Fordy just badly informed? (Even though he is the commercial manager)
Does Fordy think Darlo fans are incredibly gullible?
Is it all just some unfortunate misunderstanding?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Just sent an email off to the FA for clarification, let's hope we get a response

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:46 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
quakersam wrote:Just sent an email off to the FA for clarification, let's hope we get a response
Just seems strange as to why there would be such a huge cut in gate receipt contributions. Also, Ray never asked the question why we would only stand to make around £100k now...
One wonders if it isn't all part of the club's ongoing "poverty" offensive in the media. After all, S&S might expect a bit more now.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Did Mr Fordy mention when tickets would be on sale, then all the couch potatoes can reach for the mouse or phone? This is becoming a joke and as I said a few days ago a PR fiasco! (Hope you don't think I am moaning QuakerSam just seeking clarification!)

bga

Post by bga » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 pm

On reflection you are all WRONG the answer as regards Darlo's cut is 0% because as I write we don't seem to be able to sell any tickets at all! Mansfield will start to get a cut of something tomorrow!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 pm

:roll: When he was on the radio last week he said sometime next week (as in this week). Hardly a joke or a fiasco :wave:

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:10 pm

bga wrote:Did Mr Fordy mention when tickets would be on sale, then all the couch potatoes can reach for the mouse or phone? This is becoming a joke and as I said a few days ago a PR fiasco! (Hope you don't think I am moaning QuakerSam just seeking clarification!)
Please don't derail the thread. We are simply trying to establish the percentage of gate receipts the club will receive before we make any judgement about Fordy's competence.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that if the FA had changed the share from 45% to a miserly 10% there wouldn't be a single word of complaint from either club.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:38 pm

They are talking up to 250k for their whole run - 42k of prize money banked already, a cut of the gates banked already although that won't have been much until the semis, but you can imagine that they've raked in around 100k already - and as they are wanting 20-25k fans to go to Wembley, suddenly you are thinking that means they expect to make 100-150k from 20-25k of their own fans and Fordy's figures stack up.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:45 pm

quakersam wrote::roll: When he was on the radio last week he said sometime next week (as in this week). Hardly a joke or a fiasco :wave:
To be fair, Mansfield fans can start buying tomorrow and all Fordy has to do is just announce a fucking date, surely it's not that hard is it?

It just looks like Mansfield (did I say they can buy tickets TOMORROW) are being proactive and we aren't really that arsed.

Perhaps we are too busy sifting through all of the season ticket applications.

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Quakerz wrote:They are talking up to 250k for their whole run - 42k of prize money banked already, a cut of the gates banked already although that won't have been much until the semis, but you can imagine that they've raked in around 100k already - and as they are wanting 20-25k fans to go to Wembley, suddenly you are thinking that means they expect to make 100-150k from 20-25k of their own fans and Fordy's figures stack up.
The worrying thing is that if Fordy's figure do stack up, how the hell have the FA managed to cream off 90% of the gate receipts when it has always been 10%? Furthermore, if this is true, why aren't Darlington or Mansfield raising any objections?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:02 pm

People need to understand that when you got 45% of the total gate, it was 45% of NET receipts. And as Wembley costs a bomb to hire maybe the cut of the gate receipts was not that high anyway.

With 20% of your own ticket sales I presume there is enough "in the pot" to pay expenses, and at least we know exactly how much we're getting from our sales? Not a lot it has to be said.