Lincoln Sack Jackson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BlackandwhiteBOB
Team Supported: Darlington

Lincoln Sack Jackson

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 am

Lincoln have sacked Peter Jackson this morning, I was kind of hoping he would at least hang around until after the weekend match, if they are as poor on Sat as they were last night I think we would have been onto a winner.

Always a different kettle of fish when a club have just sacked their manager!

Thoughts on the weekend anyone?

comeondarlo

Re: Lincoln Sack Jackson

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:11 am

I agree with your post, the timing is not great.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend I believe that we'll get something from the game.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 am

Either the turmoil created will leave them wide open for the lads to get their shooting boots into practice and we could get a decent win...

or

... The impetus spurs Lincoln on and we end up on the end of a backlash, meaning a very difficult away game.

Lets hope it's the former...
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:18 am

This was on the cards from what I saw last night being at the game last night. They had absolutely no squad harmony, body language was poor, rounded off by the keeper and center back exchanging handbags.

Saturday will be much more interesting now, with a new temporary management setup in place. I guess it just depends on how they're players react to this, but from what I saw it seems Jackson was not who they wanted, so they may be buoyed by getting their way!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

doc_64

Post by doc_64 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:29 am

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:Lincoln have sacked Peter Jackson this morning, I was kind of hoping he would at least hang around until after the weekend match, if they are as poor on Sat as they were last night I think we would have been onto a winner.

yeah, could of waited till 5pm on saturday, i wonder if they have anyone lined up

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 am

I would take 0-0 now to be honest, ( and next Friday at Accy for that matter) , get a few clean sheets, build on the last couple of games.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:42 am

doc_64 wrote:
BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:Lincoln have sacked Peter Jackson this morning, I was kind of hoping he would at least hang around until after the weekend match, if they are as poor on Sat as they were last night I think we would have been onto a winner.

yeah, could of waited till 5pm on saturday, i wonder if they have anyone lined up
There's a certain Brian Little on the doorstep at Gainsboro but they will probably want to bring Michael Bridges in as player-manager. :shock: :lol: :shock:

RH79

Post by RH79 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:46 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:This was on the cards from what I saw last night being at the game last night. They had absolutely no squad harmony, body language was poor, rounded off by the keeper and center back exchanging handbags.

Saturday will be much more interesting now, with a new temporary management setup in place. I guess it just depends on how they're players react to this, but from what I saw it seems Jackson was not who they wanted, so they may be buoyed by getting their way!
agreed! I hoped thye might wait until after a win by the lads on Saturday. I would take 0-0.

they looked terrible last night!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Just heard from a pal from Lincoln who said that -

1 - Colin Calderwood to come in as Director Of Football
2 - Gareth Ainsworth to become the Manager
3 - John Ward as the assistant

Dont know whether this is true but ..

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Really sorry for him after his health problems last season.Comes across as a real nice bloke.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:07 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:Sacking a manager just a few games into the season is absolutely ridiculous. I'd say managers need at least the first 15 league games!!
He was there last season and they only won 2 in their final 10 games. I think that as well as their underwhelming start to the start to the season would have been the reason rather than just the opening five games.

You're probably right, he should have been given more time (ideally until saturday at least) but Lincoln have become used to being in the top seven in recent years and the board seems to be feeling the pressure as well from fans. Getting shot of the manager absolves them for a bit I would have thought.

Besides based on last night's performance and the keeper's actions near the end the dressing room wasn't a happy one.

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:40 pm

AndyPark wrote:Just heard from a pal from Lincoln who said that -

1 - Colin Calderwood to come in as Director Of Football
2 - Gareth Ainsworth to become the Manager
3 - John Ward as the assistant

Dont know whether this is true but ..
The Ainsworth bit could have something in it. He's a bit of a legend down that part apparently.