All not well at Lincoln

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TinShedDarloFan
Team Supported: Darlington

All not well at Lincoln

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Doesnt look like its a happy camp at Lincoln at the moment, with there keeper having a bust up with his own team mate, luckily for them there team mates got in amongst them which saved them 2 reds, hopefully it carries on into saturday and helps us to 3 points

comeondarlo

Re: All not well at Lincoln

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:23 pm

I can't be arsed to look, did they rest players tonight?

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 pm

They rested a few I think (four was the number going round the press box but I can't be bothered checking that).

I must admit I was suprised at Lincoln tonight. I've seen some decent Lincoln sides over the last few seasons and I always expect a decent team from them. I thought people moaning about their 3-0 defeat at Dagenham at the weekend might have been hot air because Dagenham ain't that bad a side.

However Lincoln weren't much cop tonight. Yes we played well but I expected a bit more from a Lincoln side managed by Peter Jackson if I'm honest. Obviously it isn't a happy place at the moment. If we beat them again on Saturday I reckon he'll go because they finished last season poorly (two wins in the last ten).

I hope they are not but I would expect Lincoln to be better than their first half showing tonight on Saturday (they have to be surely?!?). That said, if we take the lead again I can see us making it two from two. Even more so with 3,500 of their own fans ready to jump on Jackson's back.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Anyone else notice that when their players were subbed off they just walked straight past Jackson and he didn't offer any praise. Not a good sign.

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 pm

They really do hate him!
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/board ... 61.htm?426
A win for us on Saturday could be the final nail in his coffin!
Apparently after Saturday he asked for the players to play for his job, if they were supposed to be doing that tonight its clear they'd rather he didn't stay.

RH79

Post by RH79 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 am

Lincoln were poor last night but they must improve in for nt of thier own fans, although they dont seem ot like Jackson very much!

I hope they are just as bad on Saturday!

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:50 am

Anyone else notice that when their players were subbed off they just walked straight past Jackson and he didn't offer any praise. Not a good sign.

I listened to the game, on BBC lincolnshire last night and there fans rang/texted the station and moaned about jackson. They are clearly not happy with him.
Also Lincoln are strapped for cash, and again there supporters are not happy about this.
Judging about the comments heard on the radio last night, Mr Jackson will not be popular on Saturday.

Interesting one or two comments about thorpe from the lincoln fans, they wished he was back there.

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am

Aye - and they're reporting on their board that he's just got the boot...

Managerless for Saturday then?

divas

Post by divas » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:22 pm

herts_darlo wrote:Aye - and they're reporting on their board that he's just got the boot...

Managerless for Saturday then?
damn, might give them a kick up the arse, id much rather he was in charge for sat then sacked after we beat them!