Attendance

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_H
Team Supported: Darlington

Attendance

Post by Darlo_H » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:08 pm

According to the BBC (again, I know) it's 828.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

ShrewsX

Re: Attendance

Post by ShrewsX » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:14 pm

I think this says more about the actual competition than the club itself.

Tuesday Night game, Minimum away support, Season Ticket holders have to pay...

Kind of expected.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:17 pm

Sure there's not a 1 in front of that 828

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Agreed, Shrews - I thought a sub-1000 crowd would be likely tonight.

I'm not there, the old fella isn't there and neither is Rolsten, so that's us three (season ticket holders to a man) who have decided that there are other things to be done tonight and to keep the tenner in our pockets.

Something in that because I went to all of the JPT games last season, and for the majority of seasons before that (LDV, etc, etc)...

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:18 pm

it'll be those £2.50 pies, i was warned this would happen! :crazy:

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:21 pm

828? Jesus.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:23 pm

I never made it tonight, i didn't finish work until 7pm but didn't feel motivated enough to go. I did expect a sub 1k crowd, it was expected with the attendances we've had so far this season.

I could've easily eaten a Chicken Balti pie, only problem was that it took half an hour to cool down!

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:25 pm

It really, really isn't a big deal. It's the JPT, a competition that no-one cares about, and that suffers from awful attendances up and down the country.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 pm

its a bonus fixture so i suppose as long as what we made on the gate covers the expenditure for floodlights, and staffing its all a bonus, if it didnt, well thats when we've really got to start worrying. losing money by actually staging a fixture no matter what competition is in is bad news!!

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:30 pm

Santino wrote:It really, really isn't a big deal. It's the JPT, a competition that no-one cares about, and that suffers from awful attendances up and down the country.
Bury that head!!

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:32 pm

It might not get good attendances up and down the country but we had an opportunity to tell everyone just how cheap tickets were tonight and encourage more to come along.
828?

I can't even remember when we had a crowd that poor.
Whoever went must have been freezing their nuts off.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:33 pm

I don't think it's just the competition. I haven't missed a home match of any kind, including JPT games, for years but I didn't bother tonight. The thought of sitting in a vast empty ground with fewer than one thousand people in the one stand that was open was too much. Unfortunately I think my feelings have been felt by others. There are some bad signs for the club and its future in the White Elephant.

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 pm

PJPoolie wrote:
Santino wrote:It really, really isn't a big deal. It's the JPT, a competition that no-one cares about, and that suffers from awful attendances up and down the country.
Bury that head!!
Cute.

Our league attendances are awful, you won't get any argument from me. But a shite attendance in the JPT means nothing, just like the competition itself. I'm a season ticket holder but I didn't even entertain the notion of going tonight, because I couldn't care less about the competition we're playing in.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I didnt bother going tonight, I generally dont with the JPT these days but obviously I'm delighted we've won, but I wish everyone would stop making out our attendance issues "were to be expected" and aren't a big deal. Since last season, we've lost over 1'000 fans! Our regular Saturday crowd is less than we usually get for a JPT game, and our JPT crowd is like that of a Conference North side. We've went from averaging just under 3'000 to averaging comfortably under 2'000.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:53 pm

And I would think Raj is completely alarmed by it. How anyone can keep a club ticking over like this is beyond me. And we know that the attendances in the Arena tend not to rise even after good results. We've lost quite a number of fans from what were already pisspoor gates.

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Santino wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
Bury that head!!
Cute.

Our league attendances are awful, you won't get any argument from me. But a shite attendance in the JPT means nothing, just like the competition itself. I'm a season ticket holder but I didn't even entertain the notion of going tonight, because I couldn't care less about the competition we're playing in.
Well that's a great way to support the club, no wonder you are struggling. I'd be worried because people don't seem to care. As has been stated I wonder if Mr Singh is simply brushing off quite how many people have stopped watching Darlo, I doubt it.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Its says on the Echo's website that it was the third lowest attendance in the club's history. Puts it into perspective.

But its no good whittering or worrying about it. Just got to make sure we all get to the game against Bournemouth and hopefully get some momentum going

So pleased for Darlo players and Todd tonight. Lets build on this and when we next have another defeat lets not act like its the end of the world.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:42 pm

i went tonight, and have to admit it was a good performance - the crowd was worrying, unless things change i can see us being in the s*** again - i didnt fancy going to be honest, but now im glad i made the effort if only a few more had got off their arses!

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Only 882. But at least we must have made a bit of money on our premium-rate pies and plastic bottled lager as there was still a huge queue throughout half-time :wave:

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:56 pm

How many were from Lincoln?
FORZA DARLO

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 pm

The competition is a complete waste of time and effort - except for the two teams who eventually make the final. Apart from the Wembley trip, no-one wants it - obviously not the fans, and you can be sure not many managers either. At least we won tonight - so it will bring some confidence back, but no-one should read anything into the attendance of what is a Mickey Mouse event. The Football League would be better off getting fans to play the earlier rounds, or do it virtually on a computer game... it might generate more interest.

The nonsense is that there was no league match on Bank Holiday Monday - which would surely have generated a bigger crowd.
The FL needs to give it a serious rethink.

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:12 pm

There were about 60 from Lincoln.

I am getting really pissed off with the so called fans who can't get up of their arses to go to matches - and then criticise the size of the crowd, price of pies, cost of a pint etc.

For fucks sake, make up your mind whether you support this Club or not. !!

If you do, the come to the games, buy beer in the bar both before and after games, buy programmes, buy a pie at hafltime.

Cheer and applaud the team throughout the game !!!!

If you don't do all of these - then fuck off and do not post your crap on our messageboard.

You ARE NOT a FAN and we don't want to hear your moaning and wingeing.

RANT OVER

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:There were about 60 from Lincoln.

I am getting really pissed off with the so called fans who can't get up of their arses to go to matches - and then criticise the size of the crowd, price of pies, cost of a pint etc.

If you do, the come to the games, buy beer in the bar both before and after games, buy programmes, buy a pie at hafltime.

If you don't do all of these - then fuck off and do not post your crap on our messageboard.

RANT OVER

DC
I don't do all of these. Am I NOT a FAN?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:15 pm

While I appreciate the sentiment behind your rant DC, I don't buy a programme OR any beer, and I'm not going anywhere :P
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Spyman wrote:

RANT OVER

DC
I don't do all of these. Am I NOT a FAN?
I believe that you have "geographical" reasons for not attending, so you are excused.

However, I am now sick of "so called" fans that come on this Board and just criticise - either the Club, the Players, the Management, or Raj - and don't even go to games.

We are extremely lucky to still have a Club.
Colin Todd has done well to assemble the squad that we have, which understanderably have taken some time to gell.
Tonight we have got our first win, which I am glad to say i was there to see - It's a pity that many that have criticised the Club over the last few weeks couldn't be bothered to do.

If you don't turn up - shut up - simple.

DC

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Name names

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 pm

RANT OVER

DC
Biggest load of s*** I've ever read in my life. I cant afford to spend over £50 every home game to do all of the things that you insist mean I'm not a fan, I've missed a hand full of home league games in the last 13 years...but I missed tonight JPT match, proper part timer me like! Not like those who actually support two teams...

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Coddy - I'm not a name person - DP knows all the people on the Board - he told me before the game he knew over 100 on here, so he's the person to ask about who's missing.

There were about 800 of us tonight, who cheered the lads to a great 1st win. After seeing all the negative s*** on this Board in the last few weeks, it was great to see a win tonight.

DC

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 pm

I'll see you at Lincoln

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Breedon wrote:

RANT OVER

DC
Biggest load of s*** I've ever read in my life. I cant afford to spend over £50 every home game to do all of the things that you insist mean I'm not a fan, I've missed a hand full of home league games in the last 13 years...but I missed tonight JPT match, proper part timer me like! Not like those who actually support two teams...
Breedon

You know that I don't include people like you in my description of "fans" - I know that you do come to just about every game. But surely even you must recognise that there are people that regularly post doom and gloom messages on here that don't even go to the games.

DC