Just got back in

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

moodymonica
Team Supported: Darlington

Just got back in

Post by moodymonica » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Thought on the balance of the game we deserved the points, Kiddy had a good 15 minutes first half and then it died of death. Second half we took the game to them and apart from the las that should have scored with the one that hit the bar they seemed to sit back and let us come onto them

Thought Smith took his goal well, Brown, Arni, G Smith, MBW, Verma all solid - Main was unlucky with his first half effort, but Miller and Quinn didnt seem tohave the understanding.
Dunno if the games are catching up with Verma but he seemed relatively quiet tonight, solid but not that spark that the last few home games have shown.

Tommy did well when he come on and put himself about but he needs to - him being on one of the highest wages.
Atmosphere seems to have gone dead last few home games as well, whats happened to the drummer.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Re: Just got back in

Post by mikkyx » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Think we could've had a penalty just before the red card when their defender had his hands all over MBW's face, too....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Thought Tommy played well when he came on and was very unlucky with his header late on.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Wright and Smith looked much more dangerous than Main and Smith.

Overall, I thought we played well and am astonished at the negativity reading the commentary thread, fuck knows what match Simpson was watching?

Kidderminster were a very good side but we were more than good enough to beat them tonight

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 pm

The Kidderminster team said it all when they started time wasting once we got the goal, overall we were the better side and with a Liam Hatch in the we would of been more dangerous going forward, other than the first 15 minutes we looked more than comfortable against a good team

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:47 pm

i'm stunned that we didn't bring senior on, we were in need of a winner and he was the perfect candidate to get us it.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Overall, I thought we played well and am astonished at the negativity reading the commentary thread, fuck knows what match Simpson was watching?
FFS I knew something was up when I head Cooper's post-match interview. He always says it as it is and was very upbeat. Ray and Smudger were making us out to be 11 pub team players who'd just met in the carpark!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:52 pm

They started off by far the better team. They were passing it around us, and scored a great goal. However, as the 1st half progressed we grew more and more into it, and we were well on top in the 2nd half (despite them hitting the bar). On balance, I think we deserved to win, but it wasn't meant to be.

Main and Smith did OK upfront (+ another well taken goal for Smith-he could become a very good player), but we looked a lot more threatening when Wright came on. The midfield did well, although Verma was a bit quiet-it was very crowded in the middle though. Definate red card-it was an awful challenge. I think it was more misstimed than malicious, but still deserved to go.

It wasn't the game for Senior to come on-it was very physical. He would have just been bullied out of the game. Hopefully he can get a game on Saturday. If we play like we did for most of tonight, we should win that, especially with Hatch in.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 pm

How they could suggest we were poor is beyond me, the whole team put in a good performance against a good team, as for Wright the lad ran his socks off and was very unlucky not to get a winner, how's about laying off the lad and actually get behind him

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 pm

fat tony wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
FFS I knew something was up when I head Cooper's post-match interview. He always says it as it is and was very upbeat. Ray and Smudger were making us out to be 11 pub team players who'd just met in the carpark!
Kinda wish we'd keep James Mountford (think that's his name?) on the commentaries - he's much better. How come we get him sometimes instead of Ray?

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Wright and Smith looked much more dangerous than Main and Smith.

Kidderminster were a very good side but we were more than good enough to beat them tonight
I didn't think Wright looked dangerous at all. BUT, the team played better when he came on. His presence was enough to spur on the team.

Curtis was atrocious tonight. Whenever MBW got the ball, Curtis should have been 1 step ahead and running into the gaps.

In the last 35 minutes we dominated and based on that alone we deserved to win the game.
who had that dangerous header from the corner that their keeper saved on the line ?

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Quakerz wrote:Wright and Smith looked much more dangerous than Main and Smith.

I listened to the Kiddermister commentary for a while and it seemed like a good game with Darlo always dangerous. Simpson and Smith were really appalling, so negative. If only we had a commentator who sold the club in a positive light.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:56 pm

al_quaker wrote:Main and Smith did OK upfront
They were GASH as a partnership. Several times in the last 15 minutes of the first half we put perfect crosses into the box for them to stand gawping at. I was going ballistic at Main's complete inability to look like a forward.

Smith improved somewhat when Wright came on.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:When he's on for nearly a whole half you'd expect him to have chances. Did he finish any? No. And why? Because he's dog s***.
I'd put that miss from the corner down to a bloody good save from their keeper, actually - he did make a couple.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Quakerz wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Main and Smith did OK upfront
They were GASH as a partnership. Several times in the last 15 minutes of the first half we put perfect crosses into the box for them to stand gawping at. I was going ballistic at Main's complete inability to look like a forward.

Smith improved somewhat when Wright came on.
They aren't a very good partnership-neither of them are physical enough. Main could've scored in the 1st half though.

When Wright came on he did well. Hopefully people can lay off him a bit, as he can still offer us something.
Last edited by al_quaker on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

It seems that M Smith has overtaken Main as the youthful option for me now. He may have missed a few chances when given the chance in the starting 11/squad, but he is scoring goals at the moment and you can't fault that. Main for me is heading towards the exit door, hope I'm wrong but I think he may benefit from moving on now.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm

He's not good enough to be playing for the likes of Crawley or Luton. He's got potential, but he wouldn't be in our 1st team of we had a full squad to pick from, let alone 2 of the best teams in the league. Let's not big him up too early.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Smith is ok when the ball is 6ft in the air so he can stick his head on it when he has to use his feet that's another matter!

Had a great chance just after half time when he tried to square it to tommy, if he works on his shooting/finishing he will be very useful.

Took his goal very well mind

saint crow
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Post by saint crow » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:24 am

cameron-darlo wrote:i'm stunned that we didn't bring senior on, we were in need of a winner and he was the perfect candidate to get us it.
I agree. Coops just has something against him it seems.
We couldn't all be cowboys......some of us are clowns!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:29 am

saint crow wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:i'm stunned that we didn't bring senior on, we were in need of a winner and he was the perfect candidate to get us it.
I agree. Coops just has something against him it seems.
He's just come back from a lengthy injury in what was quite a physical game! I'm not surprised he didn't come on-he would've been kicked out of the game.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 am

Smudger has an ulterior motive and a chip on his shoulder that he's never been given the chance to manage Darlo so I think you'll find he always looks for the negative. Mountford is light years ahead those two clowns.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:11 am

We came more into it as the game went on, especially after Wright came on and could/should have taken all 3 points. (shame because we needed them badly) Curtis was shite again, MBW was a cut above again. Sam had no chance with their goal Let's hope we can carry the effort into Saturday for a good result in the cup

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 am

MBW and Chandler were outstanding last night - I think Chandler got awarded MoM and deservedly so.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:48 am

Totally agree, Jamie Chandler was brilliant last night, he has been like a breath of fresh air since he came back into the side.Once Hatchy and Campbell are back up front I really think we have a very useful side which is improving all the time, I still think we have a reasonable chance for the playoffs, not getting the breaks at the moment with "goals" not being over the line, penalty decisions not going our way, but for me it all depends on the run in of the other teams and ours could be a heck of a lot worse.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 am

mikkyx wrote:MBW and Chandler were outstanding last night - I think Chandler got awarded MoM and deservedly so.
Chandler almost cost us the game when he gave the ball away on the halfway line giving them a 3 on 2 from which they hit the crossbar. He did well apart from that but needs to switch the ball quicker at times. He can't be outstanding or brilliant if he makes critical errors like that.

The midfield as a whole were crap in the first 20 minutes and cost us the first goal. After that MBW and Gary Smith were class, especially in the second half when Smith made many more forward runs.

QuakerJake

Post by QuakerJake » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

Robbie Painter wrote:
mikkyx wrote:MBW and Chandler were outstanding last night - I think Chandler got awarded MoM and deservedly so.
Chandler almost cost us the game when he gave the ball away on the halfway line giving them a 3 on 2 from which they hit the crossbar. He did well apart from that but needs to switch the ball quicker at times. He can't be outstanding or brilliant if he makes critical errors like that.

The midfield as a whole were crap in the first 20 minutes and cost us the first goal. After that MBW and Gary Smith were class, especially in the second half when Smith made many more forward runs.
Personally, I think he did better than well. Chandler was quality tonight, he protects the back 4 well and his work rate is excellent.

Maybe he does need to switch the ball quicker at times but his long balls over the top to Brown and Arnison are second to none. On a 2 year contract so that's a bonus aswell.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:07 am

I agree with QuakerJake, and think Robbie Painter is being too harsh. Yes, Chandler made one mistake, but he was still outstanding and has been since his recall to the team.

He's well and truly proven Cooper wrong.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:15 am

Quakerz wrote:I agree with QuakerJake, and think Robbie Painter is being too harsh. Yes, Chandler made one mistake, but he was still outstanding and has been since his recall to the team.

He's well and truly proven Cooper wrong.
Totally agree, if Tommy Wright could take a note out of his book he could be useful in the run in, let's hope we see more of the same as we did in last nights little cameo.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 am

Since coming back into the team that about the only mistake Chandler has made, he was once again one of the best players in the team last night, Paul Terrys going to have to wait a while before getting back in the team

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Chandler is getting better all the time. He did make a mistake yesterday (but most players do at this level..), but the main improvement he's made is that he doesn't dive in as much anymore. He used to give away stupid freekicks in dangerous positions-he's stopped doing that now. He's a very good player.