oh dear me, whats going on?

Threads that got the whole forum ROFLing

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo will
Team Supported: Darlington

oh dear me, whats going on?

Post by Darlo will » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:32 pm

What a s*** performance. i am very worried about the comming season. yes these friendlies dont have competitive importance but we have been terrible, especially tonight. if we dont pick up our game we can forget promotion and aim for survival. i know andy j has this great record but from what ive seen in preseason i wonder how he scored 10. i really hate saying all this but it does need saying.
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

loan_star

Re: oh dear me, whats going on?

Post by loan_star » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Lost count of the number of strikers we have signed banging in goals when it doesnt matter only for them to dry up once the season starts. As long as AJ bags them during the season I dont give a monkeys chuff if he cant hit a barn door in a friendly.

Darlo.For.Life

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Darlo will wrote:What a s*** performance. i am very worried about the comming season. yes these friendlies dont have competitive importance but we have been terrible, especially tonight. if we dont pick up our game we can forget promotion and aim for survival. i know andy j has this great record but from what ive seen in preseason i wonder how he scored 10. i really hate saying all this but it does need saying.
I'm sorry but Johnson has been one of the more promising players over pre-season. He's put a shift in every game I've seen and he's scored a few goals. Although its frustrating lets just evaluate our situation 5 games in to the season.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Can I just remind people yet again that we have the majority of the squad that SMASHED the Northern League, STEAMROLLERED the record books, won FORTY of 46 matches, and have also signed two of the best "other" NL players in Paul Robinson and Andy Johnson to STRENGTHEN that RECORD BREAKING squad further...

...and people are worrying that we'll be "aiming for survival"?

Only in Darlo...

Only problem is we are light in defence - Gray will sort it. The rest of the full strength squad will score about a billion goals.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Darlo will wrote:What a s*** performance. i am very worried about the comming season. yes these friendlies dont have competitive importance but we have been terrible, especially tonight. if we dont pick up our game we can forget promotion and aim for survival. i know andy j has this great record but from what ive seen in preseason i wonder how he scored 10. i really hate saying all this but it does need saying.
:lol: Pre-season hasn't been great results wise, but no way are we going to be aiming for survival. A classic overreaction.

Sussex Phil

Post by Sussex Phil » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Calm down and carry on.

It will be fine!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:02 pm

We will piss this copper pot league. No diggity, no doubt.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Just got back, have to agree with the above. people keep banging on its only preseason, but we should be playing better than this, we will get well beaten by the spartans and finish preseason on a low, MG was getting really frustrated tonight. If Amar keeps fit AJ will spend a lot of time on the bench.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, but look what happened after Team North and Newton Aycliffe? Gray went apeshit and they didn't dare lose again.

Seriously, I've got mega faith in this manager after last season, we'll be right for the 17th.

It'll be interesting to review this thread at the end of September, say.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:14 pm

This thread once again proves Darlo has more than its fair share of idiotic moaners as fans.

A few defeats in pre-season and out of the woodwork they come.

Anyone who takes anything that happens in pre-season as an indicator for the season needs to get a grip. It rarely is.

Just need a few extra bodies in defence and we'll be fine for the Warrington match.

Aiming for survival? Go shove your head on a cactus.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Darlogramps wrote:This thread once again proves Darlo has more than its fair share of idiotic moaners as fans.

A few defeats in pre-season and out of the woodwork they come.

Anyone who takes anything that happens in pre-season as an indicator for the season needs to get a grip. It rarely is.

Just need a few extra bodies in defence and we'll be fine for the Warrington match.

Aiming for survival? Go shove your head on a cactus.
This.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Spyman wrote:We will piss this copper pot league. No diggity, no doubt.

I like the way you word it

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:41 pm

FLAP.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:
Spyman wrote:We will piss this copper pot league. No diggity, no doubt.

I like the way you word it
I was right this time last year, and I'll be patting myself on the back again in 9 months or so.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Whilst the OP appears to be over the top, I do ha e serious reservations about who will play centre half. The loss of Tait was always going to be hard to overcome, but without Brown we look all over the place. No leadership. Gray should have countered this already and have a replacement back four gelling. I have no doubt we will batter teams going forwards but we all remember Guisborough and Aycliffe when our defence wasn't up to the task. I have faith in The manager and his staff but I'm still somewhat concerned.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Jesus fucking Christ. okay so we're a little bit light in Defense at the moment, but there is still players missing. And not just in defense.

Dowson, Galbraith, Davis, Robinson, Stevie Johnson & Purewal didn't even play tonight and some people are going on as if it was our full strength side. we probably won't be full strength until the season starts.

Stop flapping and get behind the lads you moaning little gobshites.

Some fans never seem to be happy unless they're flapping/Having a good bitch & moan, tossers.

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 am

As for Cameron.... take a look at him as a geordie... more embarrasing than any darlo fan on a darlo forum to date.

As for the Darlo fans, in some ways I can see how losing Harrison, Tait and Brown will be a struggle and cause for concern, but this friendly was clearly more important to them than us, and for good reason.

My only REAL worry is AJ, he looks low on confidence or poor. Lets hope its confidence. Either that or he's taken loads of pennies and freekicks at a lower level to get his goals up. :shock:

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 am

poppyfield wrote:Just got back, have to agree with the above. people keep banging on its only preseason, but we should be playing better than this, we will get well beaten by the spartans and finish preseason on a low, MG was getting really frustrated tonight. If Amar keeps fit AJ will spend a lot of time on the bench.
They do have a squad of 300 to pick from though, so that was always gonna be a hard game to be fair.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 am

The only worry I have is central defence. The lad on trial against Durham wasn't good enough imo and neither is Gott (injured now anyway).

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:13 am

I think the original poster has made some good points, although talking about relegation is way over the top. I am concerned about centre back but I'm sure Gray will be working on it.

I know it's only friendlys but I haven't seen much from a j or p Robinson to suggest they should be starting. Would go with dowson and purewal up front (purewal looking more and more important for us) and Galbraith and Davis at centre mid (If they aren't required to play full back)

Chris darlo1883

Post by Chris darlo1883 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:40 am

We have lost 3 good players in emms Tait and Harrison. The 4 we have brought in barring hunter in my opinion haven't been good enough A Johnson doesn't head the ball and doesn't seem physically up to it yet, gets through off the ball far to easily. Robinson seems sluggish and doesn't get around the pitch aswel as our midfielders last year and Moore seems to be in and out of games isn't doing enough in my opinion. It's still early Ino that but we are also missing the spine of our team Brown Gott Galbraith Amar Dowson Davis who are all important players we carnt carry on getting beat we have got to win at some point and I would take getting beat every pre season game to get off to a good start to the season lets see what happens come 17th auguest

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 am

TDS wrote:As for Cameron.... take a look at him as a geordie... more embarrasing than any darlo fan on a darlo forum to date.
I dunno, your recent pissing and moaning on here has given Cameron serious competition for that title

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:05 am

Not great to keep losing friendlies but its better to lose the games that dont matter, takes away overconfidence and players are always more likely to be critical of themselves after a loss. If we start losing from the 17th then I'll be concerned but until then I'm just glad the lads are getting minutes.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:25 am

Chris darlo1883 wrote:Moore seems to be in and out of games isn't doing enough in my opinion.
Are you serious?

What I have seen of Moore myself and what I have heard of him he is waltzing past anyone who tries to tackle him. Emms was a very solid player but I think Moore is a step up.

I actually completely disagree with your post. Hunter is probably the only one who I don't think is a marked improvement on the person in that position last year. I don't think A. Johnson has looked as bad as people seem to suggest!

Biggest concern is defence and even more so now with Gott injured we don't actually have enough players to cover the four positions now.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 am

I'm sure it was said about Johnson that he is very much a confidence player and needs to feel like the main man - perhaps there is a bit of realisation setting in that he's just another very good player in this squad, of which we have a dozen or so of already.

Or perhaps it is just pre-season and a couple of the new players are finding their feet still.

Oh, and it is good to see people finally clicking on to the fact that as our top goalscorer last season, Purewal was always going to be a key player for us.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:42 am

Spyman wrote:Oh, and it is good to see people finally clicking on to the fact that as our top goalscorer last season, Purewal was always going to be a key player for us.
We definitely missed him last night.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 am

TDS wrote:As for Cameron.... take a look at him as a geordie... more embarrasing than any darlo fan on a darlo forum to date.

As for the Darlo fans, in some ways I can see how losing Harrison, Tait and Brown will be a struggle and cause for concern, but this friendly was clearly more important to them than us, and for good reason.

My only REAL worry is AJ, he looks low on confidence or poor. Lets hope its confidence. Either that or he's taken loads of pennies and freekicks at a lower level to get his goals up. :shock:
Cameron actually makes some valid points.

Chris darlo1883

Post by Chris darlo1883 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 am

Don't think u have been watching the same games as me to say Hunter hasn't improved or been the better signing up to now he has been by a long way in my opinion!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:04 am

Chris darlo1883 wrote:Don't think u have been watching the same games as me to say Hunter hasn't improved or been the better signing up to now he has been by a long way in my opinion!
Hunter always had big shoes to fill replacing Harrison/Tait.

Saying that, I'm not sure what games you've been watching either. How many games have you been to out of interest?

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:
I dunno, your recent pissing and moaning on here has given Cameron serious competition for that title
Wahey! He's come on today to talk about dar..... Slag people of again! Jazz you are just a happy person, I can tell.