oh dear me, whats going on?

Threads that got the whole forum ROFLing

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TDS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: oh dear me, whats going on?

Post by TDS » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
TDS wrote:As for Cameron.... take a look at him as a geordie... more embarrasing than any darlo fan on a darlo forum to date.

As for the Darlo fans, in some ways I can see how losing Harrison, Tait and Brown will be a struggle and cause for concern, but this friendly was clearly more important to them than us, and for good reason.

My only REAL worry is AJ, he looks low on confidence or poor. Lets hope its confidence. Either that or he's taken loads of pennies and freekicks at a lower level to get his goals up. :shock:
Cameron actually makes some valid points.
My point was that he goes on about flapping yet flaps more than mike about Newcastle.

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 am

good old darlo fans at it again. remember this time last year when a fan confronted MG in pre season - another case of the fans either over reacting or thinking they know best. its just going to get worse now we are a fan owned club. as someone has rightly pointed out, it was hardly our first 11 last night and MG still using pre season to tinker with things and experiment. Man U drew with some no marks in Sweden last night with a strong team out, I dont think they will be hitting the panic button yet!
if we dont win this league, i wont see it as a failure. We need to be patient, these non leagues are long hard seasons and not easy.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 am

isitouryear wrote:good old darlo fans at it again. remember this time last year when a fan confronted MG in pre season - another case of the fans either over reacting or thinking they know best. its just going to get worse now we are a fan owned club. as someone has rightly pointed out, it was hardly our first 11 last night and MG still using pre season to tinker with things and experiment. Man U drew with some no marks in Sweden last night with a strong team out, I dont think they will be hitting the panic button yet!
if we dont win this league, i wont see it as a failure. We need to be patient, these non leagues are long hard seasons and not easy.
Well last season was easy.

We're not in a situation where we can be patient. We need momentum and that comes with promotion.

That said, I completely trust Marty Graysosey to get us out of the top end of NPLD1.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 am

Spyman wrote: Well last season was easy.

We're not in a situation where we can be patient. We need momentum and that comes with promotion.

That said, I completely trust Marty Graysosey to get us out of the top end of NPLD1.

This season we should rightly be near the top etc, the patience will need to come when we hit the Evostik Prem for a number of reasons.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Its often the case that a very poor pre season in terms of form is preceeds a good season and vice versa.

Even without the injured players, the team should be good enough to be at the top end of the NPL1N given how well they performed last season in the NL

Those panicing need to get a grip and wait until a ball has been kicked in anger- and in fact wait till several games have gone before judging.

I would be very shocked if Darlo are not one of the pace setters in this division

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:27 pm

TDS wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:
TDS wrote:As for Cameron.... take a look at him as a geordie... more embarrasing than any darlo fan on a darlo forum to date.
I dunno, your recent pissing and moaning on here has given Cameron serious competition for that title
Wahey! He's come on today to talk about dar..... Slag people of again! Jazz you are just a happy person, I can tell.
Sorry, who made the uncalled for comment towards Cameron, who although a Geordie wankstain also clearly supports darlo? Oh yeah, it was you, being a twisty little tart again

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:54 pm

No panic but the bedrock of the defence, Brown-Tait in central defence, has gone. Brown's out for months and we'll need to get together a good, strong pairing before the season starts. At the moment it looks like we'll be weaker in that crucial area... unless there's a rabbit about to come out of the hat.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:10 pm

The small, quality, squad worked well last season as we had very few injuries. Hopefully we'll have had our share for the season now and we can have a settled team again. It'll be interesting to see if the extra travel has a bearing on injuries too.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Said it before and I'll say it again. AJ and Paul Robinson were two of the best players in the Northern League last season, but when you've played alongside the same names for year upon year at Bay/Bishop, coming to a new club isn't going to be easy, it will take them time to settle in but Robinson will be a massive player this season and anyone who can't see that, well...need I say more.
98 goals in 2 seasons for Johnson, scored a cracker against us on the opening day last season, yeah he was bullied last night but give the lad some time
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

joshdarlington

Post by joshdarlington » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Maybe Gateshead could give us Tait on loan... can only dream eh lol

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
TDS wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:
I dunno, your recent pissing and moaning on here has given Cameron serious competition for that title
Wahey! He's come on today to talk about dar..... Slag people of again! Jazz you are just a happy person, I can tell.
Sorry, who made the uncalled for comment towards Cameron, who although a Geordie wankstain also clearly supports darlo? Oh yeah, it was you, being a twisty little tart again
Uncalled for? Cameron made valid points, he's just flappy mcflapperson with NUFC and a voice of reason with Darlo? Odd.

At the end of the day Jazz, you're the hypocrite who throws insults about. I twist on this forum because that is what this forum is for.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:40 am

Pascal Chimbonda is currently looking for a club apparantely. He has been turning out for free for Market Drayton travelling from Cheshire to do so...at least we would cut down on his travelling time?

Chimbonda at right back, Hunter to centre half?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:34 am

Mourinho sums things up perfectly here:

"As I said last week, we had five victories in pre-season and zero points. Now we have five victories and one defeat, we still have zero points. It's not a drama."

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 am

All of this negativity about results is annoying me, am i not entitled to an opinion? Pre-season isn't about results. its about fitness and trying out new tactics etc.

I have no idea why some people are flapping. maybe its because we're too used to winning all of the time. there's absolutely no reason to flap or even mention the word 'relegation', we haven't had a settled side for all of pre-season with players on holiday etc. I trust Gray to sort out the defense and bring in another CB, but if the budget doesn't allow that, then i also trust players like Gott (how bad is his injury?) to step up until Brown is fit again.

We'll be fine come the start of the season and all of the flappers will be back on cloud 9 again, although they'll still find something to moan about.
Last edited by cameron-darlo on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:38 am

TDS wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

As for the Darlo fans, in some ways I can see how losing Harrison, Tait and Brown will be a struggle and cause for concern, but this friendly was clearly more important to them than us, and for good reason.

My only REAL worry is AJ, he looks low on confidence or poor. Lets hope its confidence. Either that or he's taken loads of pennies and freekicks at a lower level to get his goals up. :shock:
Cameron actually makes some valid points.
My point was that he goes on about flapping yet flaps more than mike about Newcastle.
I do flap over Newcastle, but i won't ruin this thread with reasons why.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 am

cameron-darlo wrote:

All of this negativity about results is annoying me, am i not entitled to an opinion? Pre-season isn't about results. its about fitness and trying out new tactics etc.

I have no idea why some people are flapping. maybe its because we're too used to winning all of the time. there's absolutely no reason to flap or even mention the word 'relegation', we haven't had a settled side for all of pre-season with players on holiday etc. I trust Gray to sort out the defense and bring in another CB, but if the budget doesn't allow that, then i also trust players like Gott (how bad is his injury?) to step up until Brown is fit again.

We'll be fine come the start of the season and all of the flappers will be back on cloud 9 again, although they'll still find something to moan about.
Like I've said, I agree with you. I can see how hard replacing Harrison, Tait and Brown will be as they are big boots to fill, but Martin has re-organised the team when we find out we need strengthening and I think he'll do this again at key points throughout this season. Friendlies are not to be read in to.

midfieldmaestro

Post by midfieldmaestro » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Gentlemen, you really need to relax. You will storm this league this year. Compared to most if not all of your rivals, you have far more resources for players and a relatively huge fan base which is a massive advantage both home and away if people are prepared to travel. As for pre-season no one hates it more than the players who really only need a couple of games to get them going and find it hard to play in these half hearted, don't get injured, let's use 25 players type of games. My son plays at this level and he'd had enough a fortnight ago. When the real stuff starts and 3 points are on offer you will see the difference I'm sure.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:30 pm

midfieldmaestro wrote:Gentlemen, you really need to relax. You will storm this league this year. Compared to most if not all of your rivals, you have far more resources for players and a relatively huge fan base which is a massive advantage both home and away if people are prepared to travel. As for pre-season no one hates it more than the players who really only need a couple of games to get them going and find it hard to play in these half hearted, don't get injured, let's use 25 players type of games. My son plays at this level and he'd had enough a fortnight ago. When the real stuff starts and 3 points are on offer you will see the difference I'm sure.
Your comforting thoughts are very much appreciate - I sincerely hope it all turns out the way you predict. My concern and it is shared by many on here, is how our manager is going to plug the gap following a serious injury to our inspirational captain and centre-half. It seems likely that he will miss a quarter of the season.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
midfieldmaestro wrote:Gentlemen, you really need to relax. You will storm this league this year. Compared to most if not all of your rivals, you have far more resources for players and a relatively huge fan base which is a massive advantage both home and away if people are prepared to travel. As for pre-season no one hates it more than the players who really only need a couple of games to get them going and find it hard to play in these half hearted, don't get injured, let's use 25 players type of games. My son plays at this level and he'd had enough a fortnight ago. When the real stuff starts and 3 points are on offer you will see the difference I'm sure.
Your comforting thoughts are very much appreciate - I sincerely hope it all turns out the way you predict. My concern and it is shared by many on here, is how our manager is going to plug the gap following a serious injury to our inspirational captain and centre-half. It seems likely that he will miss a quarter of the season.

Agreed, what we need is an experienced, vocal leader who can organise our defence,( a Brown clone ) Galbraith/Gott can stand in for the odd game but not for 3 months.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:03 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:

Agreed, what we need is an experienced, vocal leader who can organise our defence,( a Brown clone ) Galbraith/Gott can stand in for the odd game but not for 3 months.
Even if we lost every game for a quarter of the season, we could still win the league based on the gap between us and all those beyond spennymoor last season.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Sure we have problems in defence with injuries at present.
But cast your minds back to early last season when we were banging in goals for a pastime but leaking them at the back as well , won most games but then lost a couple as well. Our manager sorted it, and we went on the most successful winning sequence of games since 1883.
We have the ' Alex Ferguson ' of non league football in charge of our club and to doubt that he cannot overcome the present minor difficulties does him a great disservice.
With a small squad, and injuries to players in vital positions, as a manager do you send your team out to bust a gut , go into 50 /50 tackles, in meaningless friendlies ?
It's down to the training pitch now, all our players back from their hols, increasing their fitness, and the skill and expertise of our manager to send out a team on the 17th who will bully and dominate this new league. OK.

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:26 pm

quakersam wrote:Said it before and I'll say it again. AJ and Paul Robinson were two of the best players in the Northern League last season, but when you've played alongside the same names for year upon year at Bay/Bishop, coming to a new club isn't going to be easy, it will take them time to settle in but Robinson will be a massive player this season and anyone who can't see that, well...need I say more.
98 goals in 2 seasons for Johnson, scored a cracker against us on the opening day last season, yeah he was bullied last night but give the lad some time
Couldnt agree more Sam, Robinson although not the quickest oozes class with both feet. Think he will be a big player for us this season.