Weak Link

Threads that got the whole forum ROFLing

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

botrash

Re: Weak Link

Post by botrash » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:From a negative point Purewal always looses possession and a bad first touch and sometimes I fell like punching him.
On the other hand he offers us a lot in the air and without out we run out of ideas.
I 2nd that
I 3rd the notion of random assault on our players... :lol:

Vokuhila
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:06 pm

All this criticism of 'Pawel' just doesn't do it for me.

I don't think I can stress that enough.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:I'm not surprised at these comments on Purewal given I've heard them from a few people at games as well.

Personally I think they are completely wrong. For me Amar has been one of our most consistent performers this season, whether up front or on the wing, and a key part of our success. His hold up play is excellent, with good movement plus pace and strong in the air. When he hasn't played or been subbed its quickly obvious how much we miss him.

I'm delighted that Martin Gray has got him tied down to a two year deal and fully expect him to be a key player for us next season.
Totally agree with this - some people just need to have a moan and winge about a player, the lad has done well stop knocking him!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:27 pm

The most bewildering thing about this thread is Mifedfc's assertion that Purewal (Amuar/Pawel) wearing a thermal top under his shirt in some way makes him inferior to his short sleeve wearing team mates.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Amar has had an excellent season and is a bright talent for the future, although he has patently been struggling for form in the last few weeks.

It's a long season, and he's a young player - so keeping a consistent level of performance at all points of the season is always going to be difficult.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Spyman wrote:The most bewildering thing about this thread is Mifedfc's assertion that Purewal (Amuar/Pawel) wearing a thermal top under his shirt in some way makes him inferior to his short sleeve wearing team mates.

Does Mikedfc know that these "thermals" are also designed to keep a player cool too?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Graft over style - the never ending priority for the less discerning Darlo fan. I do find purewal frustrating at points, but he's our top scorer, has chipped in all season and has been a vital focal point of our RECORD SMASHING attack all year.

Beyond anything else, why choose now, after 17 wins in 18, and when we really need our players switched on and confident in the last two, to voice this guff?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Spyman wrote:The most bewildering thing about this thread is Mifedfc's assertion that Purewal (Amuar/Pawel) wearing a thermal top under his shirt in some way makes him inferior to his short sleeve wearing team mates.

Well he used to judge it on whether they wore cycling shorts or not but the accusations of pulling players shorts down got too much.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Vokuhila wrote:All this criticism of 'Pawel' just doesn't do it for me.

I don't think I can stress that enough.
Who.... Pawel played years ago.. I like Amar but does frustrate me but can't moan too much 21 goals this season.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:05 pm

If 'Amuar' wore gloves like Pav used to rather than thermals, he'd definitely have a better first touch.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Purewal is my player of the season, (with big respect to Brown). He's our only centre forward. People are talking about Emms being player of the month and his first touch has been abysmal. I love Dowson but again, like Thompson, he's a midfield terrier. We lost at Team Northumbria purely because we had nothing to offer against two tall defenders. Amar has worked his socks off.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 pm

mensamoo wrote:People are talking about Emms being player of the month and his first touch has been abysmal.
Are you for real?

darlodan

Post by darlodan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Wonder what posts will be like on here when we lose a few games.i think amar has scored a lot of goals because of good service to him.when he tries to supply others he passes back instead of going forward . All in all the whole team has done fantastic .well done to everyone including the main man mg.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

longlivedarlo

Post by longlivedarlo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:13 am

mensamoo wrote: People are talking about Emms being player of the month and his first touch has been abysmal. you surely have a mental problem, his first touch control is probable the best in the team, have ago at his heading, his tackling but come on his first touch, dear me. as for purewal for this level of football I really can’t see how anyone can justify pointing out his poor recent form, I really believe the whole squad can win the next league title with the need for only 2-3 squad players brought in right down the back bone, forward centre mid and centre back. .
I think half the managers in the northern league could have done what gray has done with the budget he has had, don't think anyone should get carried away, the next 3 years will prove him as a manager not this northern league season. I'm as happy as anyone that darlo are heading in the right direction.

Quakerz Post subject: Re: MARTIN GRAYPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 pm
You absolute testicle.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Well....

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Amar had a great game today for me, lead the line well, won his headers, laid it off nicely, and of course two good goals was the icing on the cake.

Well done Amar.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Superb performance from Amar. Hopefully he will have silenced the doubters, but I doubt it.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:01 pm

And it's quite obvious by his celebration after his first that he has read this thread! Top drawer today, plenty of DESIRE!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:03 pm

He was fantastic today though, it needed pointing out.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Just goes to show that some post on here, really don't know what they are talking about and have probably never played a game of football in their lives.

We play better when Amar is in the team - FACT

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Amar has been a vital part of a team that has scored goals galore and won the championship in fantastic style. Today his value to the side was clear and he answered the snipers (who are a tiny minority) perfectly. Well done Amar and thanks for a great season with the club. You should be proud of yourself.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Looking forward to Amuar - with or without his thirmal [sic] - banging them in for us again next season.

Well done, Pawel! :clap:

darlodave1974

Post by darlodave1974 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Amar was superb today!
We're a better team when he leads the line, silenced the doubters today

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Amar was our best player today. Hopefully he shut those who doubt him up! He's scored the goal that won us the title.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm

al_quaker wrote:Amar was our best player today. Hopefully he shut those who doubt him up! He's scored the goal that won us the title.
Agree lad was my MOM cannot fault him over a whole season :thumbup:

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm

I think some of you guys have hit the Rhubarb wine a little early

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 pm

He was excellent today, his work in the air was Quinn like

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 am

Well, MG deffo doesn't think he's a weak link seeing as he's been in the starting 11 for the last 20 games at least lol. Also he got a contract didn't he? Top class player for our level....next season, more of the same.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Bones

Post by Bones » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:14 am

I agree with what the majority think Amar was great today and he always puts a shift in. How anyone can be critical of him is beyond me.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 am

Bones wrote:I agree with what the majority think Amar was great today and he always puts a shift in. How anyone can be critical of him is beyond me.
He probably thinks we should be signing Cannibal Saurez & RVP on part time deals. :roll: