Ban Quakerz

Threads that got the whole forum ROFLing

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Cockney
Team Supported: Darlington

Ban Quakerz

Post by Darlo Cockney » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm

We all know that most of us are working really hard to ensure that our Club still survives into the future.

Last Saturday, Geoff and the Tykes sold out the boxes, DFC 1883 and the Supporters Club, organised the after match presentaions and evening do, which all our players attended and expressed thanks to the fans for everything they are doing to try and save the Club.

Lidds was in tears about how much he cares about our Club and how much pressure he has been under in trying to run both the Youth set up as well as the team.

Then we have the inane postings of QUAKERZ, who criticises everything.

We all know that he is a serial criticiser, but, I am sorry, this is a guy that does not even come to games. - but chooses to post his bile on here, when he contributes absolutely nothing to the Club.

As far as I am concerned, he has got no right to post on this board anymore .

Please administrators - ban this prick - he is NOT a Darlington Supporter.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Ban Quakerz

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 pm

i wish you would get banned.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:27 pm

LOL, well said cameron.

This thread could turn into a classic.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DTID

Post by DTID » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Can we host a poll on the next person to ban??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fergies50yarder

Post by fergies50yarder » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:38 pm

DC, why should he be banned? he has just as much right on here as anyone else you idiot, and who are you to say who should or indeed shouldn't be on here?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh yeah, can I just point out that I don't criticise everything. Where are my criticisms of 1883 and what they are trying to achieve?

Carry on.

I'm not even going to rise to the "doesn't go to games, contributes nothing" comment, people have been trying to lay that one on me for years, it isn't true, and is water off a ducks back. Even OPPOSITION fans say it to me!

Bring it fucking on.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

JonnyBoy

Post by JonnyBoy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm

If what he posts is 'bile' then what the fuck shall we describe your postings to be?!

There's also several others on this board that don't go to the games for one reason or another - doesn't make them less of a fan.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm

[quote="fergies50yarder"]DC, why should he be banned?quote]

Read the post again
@George_S96

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Er, thanks for that DC. Please could you let us all have the criteria to measure our worthiness to post on here?

I missed the Southport home game this season so shall give myself a short suspension.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:There's also several others on this board that don't go to the games for one reason or another
Er, 3 season tickets says I do go to games. I just couldn't be arsed to go on Saturday because I was fed up.

Don't assume that the ramblings of a cockney maniac make it true.

JonnyBoy

Post by JonnyBoy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Quakerz wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:There's also several others on this board that don't go to the games for one reason or another
Er, 3 season tickets says I do go to games. I just couldn't be arsed to go on Saturday because I was fed up.

Don't assume that the ramblings of a cockney maniac make it true.
Fine, even if it was true I wouldn't let it worry you.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:46 pm

the rights and wrongs of peoples posts are in the eye of the reader. What may be insane to you may be agreeable to others.

I don't agree with a few things Quakerz is posting but that is an opinion he has, nothing libellous, defamatory, or taking over all the threads, he is expressing an opinion. To be banned because you have an opinion which is the opposite of most would surely be a dictatorship.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 pm

This thread will run and run.

So what if Quakerz has opinions others dislike? He's entitled to his opinion and he's entitled to express it.

I've argued with him several times, but he's actually one of the better posters on here. Surely the one of the main points of this messageboard is for people to put across their differing opinions.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Words utterly fail me, just when I thought DC couldn't post any more self absorbed shite he comes out with this absolute gem.

I'd watch your back Qz, if everyone who sits near him agrees then he must be right.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Return_of_Fetish
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Now this thread funny. In the fact that your asking to ban someone who calls things as he says it. Quarkerz dislikes me because I'm a Poolie but his posts and opinions are worth reading. simply because he puts over an opinion that you disagree with you want him banned. Tell you what why don't you try to argue against his opinions and show him he's wrong or would that be to much hard work for you because he would probably get some on his side.

What do you want a happy clappy board why everyone just comes on and pats everyone on the back and says everything in the garden is rosy.

You've just been relegated to the BSN you've had 1 win in 20 (or thereabouts) so everything in the garden isn't rosy, lets say Staunton or Cooper had been your manager when Singh put you into administration and either of them had done exactly what Liddle has done give everything to the first team and youth team. How many on here would be saying Well done Staunton/Cooper you tried your best. NONE would be the answer, yes Liddle is a former well loved player but that doesn't mean he isn't open to some criticism.

Get off your high horse and wanting people banned simply because they call it as they see it.

Carry on Quarkerz :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by Return_of_Fetish on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:50 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:Fine, even if it was true I wouldn't let it worry you.
It doesn't.

People have been saying it to me for years for some strange reason, most times I don't even bite back and let them carry on their little fantasy.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:51 pm

The fundamental point that seems to have riled a few is that Quakerz has pointed out that we under performed on the pitch since January. He's absolutely right.

I don't have a problem with genuinely liking and supporting the manager and players, but still being disappointed that we lost some very obviously winnable games. That's just reality.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

uncovered wrote:the rights and wrongs of peoples posts are in the eye of the reader. What may be insane to you may be agreeable to others.

I don't agree with a few things Quakerz is posting but that is an opinion he has, nothing libellous, defamatory, or taking over all the threads, he is expressing an opinion. To be banned because you have an opinion which is the opposite of most would surely be a dictatorship.
That can't be right. DC is such an advocate of free speech too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:57 pm

What a stupid post this is, I think it should be removed. When quakerz posts at least its well thought out and he is passionate about his team. Just because he has his own opinions doesn't mean he should be banned stupid stupid post get it deleted. :roll:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:01 pm

No, leave it up. Seeing as though I'm the subject of the abuse, surely if I say it's fine to stay then it can. I'll not be doing anyone for libel, even though the original post contains lies. I have broad shoulders and people can make their own minds up.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't think Q has ever criticised Liddle's general dedication to the club. Certainly he has queried his managerial acumen based on the Win-Loss record but then he is probably entitled to as a prospective shareholder which is a "contribution" in itself. I doubt he is right about Lidds but then it would be a boring forum if we were all on the same page. I would not support a ban as there are really no grounds for it.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:We all know that most of us are working really hard to ensure that our Club still survives into the future.

Last Saturday, Geoff and the Tykes sold out the boxes, DFC 1883 and the Supporters Club, organised the after match presentaions and evening do, which all our players attended and expressed thanks to the fans for everything they are doing to try and save the Club.

Lidds was in tears about how much he cares about our Club and how much pressure he has been under in trying to run both the Youth set up as well as the team.

We all know that he is a serial criticiser, but, I am sorry, this is a guy that does not even come to games. - but chooses to post his bile on here, when he contributes absolutely nothing to the Club.

DC
You are probably the biggest c*** to have ever graced an internet messageboard. You, and people like you are also the reason I'm falling out of love with this football club. I've said before and will say again, I turn up on a Saturday as and when I want or can (few home games, most away nowadays), have a few beers, vent my spleen then go home and get on with my life and other hobbies. I'm rather proud of the £300 quid or so that I've probably put into the coffers, but am getting a bit fed up with the "I'm doing this, I'm doing that, what are you doing" attitude that's emanating from those who really do have nothing better to do with their lives.
Yes, the fundraising is fantastic and all that, but the biggest heroes are the unsung heroes - the ones who don't feel like they need to have their back patted every time someone gives them a quid.

As for opinions, I think Quakerz is quite good value for his at times (though I disagree with many) and as someone who quite obviously does go to games, and has done for many years see no reason why he should be banned.

DC, you have a giant chip on your shoulder, probably with life in general, possibly just with your own weasel-like appearance. You mention Q posting bile - ever read your own posts back? you are the most opinionated, obnoxious and horrible little man to have graced this board, and are generally wrong.

About everything!
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I think this thread is backfiring spectacularly on DC.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 pm

With all due respect, I couldn't care less whether Quakerz posts or not. In any case, it's reassuring to know that free speech has people like DC fighting for it.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Mullet69 wrote: You are probably the biggest c*** to have ever graced an internet messageboard. You, and people like you are also the reason I'm falling out of love with this football club. I've said before and will say again, I turn up on a Saturday as and when I want or can (few home games, most away nowadays), have a few beers, vent my spleen then go home and get on with my life and other hobbies. I'm rather proud of the £300 quid or so that I've probably put into the coffers, but am getting a bit fed up with the "I'm doing this, I'm doing that, what are you doing" attitude that's emanating from those who really do have nothing better to do with their lives.
Yes, the fundraising is fantastic and all that, but the biggest heroes are the unsung heroes - the ones who don't feel like they need to have their back patted every time someone gives them a quid.

As for opinions, I think Quakerz is quite good value for his at times (though I disagree with many) and as someone who quite obviously does go to games, and has done for many years see no reason why he should be banned.

DC, you have a giant chip on your shoulder, probably with life in general, possibly just with your own weasel-like appearance. You mention Q posting bile - ever read your own posts back? you are the most opinionated, obnoxious and horrible little man to have graced this board, and are generally wrong.

About everything!
The internet has just accepted it's best ever post.

PS Mullet, please don't stop supporting because everybody is shouting at each other - everybody is worried, or upset, or annoyed, or sick to the back teeth, and all sorts of emotions so there is no way there isn't going to be conflict.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Quakerz wrote:PS Mullet, please don't stop supporting because everybody is shouting at each other - everybody is worried, or upset, or annoyed, or sick to the back teeth, and all sorts of emotions so there is no way there isn't going to be conflict.
I couldn't agree more with this Quakerz. People need to stop causing little arguments, because how the fook will we move forward as a community club if people continue to have petty arguments.

Grow up some of you.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:We all know that most of us are working really hard to ensure that our Club still survives into the future.

DC
The fight for free speech continues.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:22 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Quakerz wrote:PS Mullet, please don't stop supporting because everybody is shouting at each other - everybody is worried, or upset, or annoyed, or sick to the back teeth, and all sorts of emotions so there is no way there isn't going to be conflict.
I couldn't agree more with this Quakerz. People need to stop causing little arguments, because how the fook will we move forward as a community club if people continue to have petty arguments.

Grow up some of you.
I was actually saying that conflict is unavoidable Andy, though I do agree we all need to pull together.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 pm

DC is for free speech what darlobaz is for logical thinking.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Incidentally, DC, do the people who sit near you at matches also think Quakerz should be banned? I for one would like to hear their views on this.