Where will we finish this season?

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

User avatar
Hilly
Posts: 6250
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Hilly » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Joseph s wrote:
Hilly wrote:
tinshedender wrote:MikeinBlack could I refresh your memory regarding your assertion that Darlo don't perform in front
of big crowds.
Wembley ring any bells.
Let's be honest mate that was more the exception rather than the rule, however this is practically a new team (who probably won't have played in many games with over a 1,000+ watching) so lets just see how they get on.


I disagree, and you need to check out the stats on a few if not most of the players.. They've all played in front of big crowds and they'll all be fine with playing in front of them... Don't underestimate the fact that these lads, although part time, have played in front of crowds bigger than a lot of league 2 clubs. This season will be different for a lot if not all of the Darlo fans, but not for these lads, so the only people that need to get used to it, is the fans... But hopefully only for a short time...
Have they played in front of large crowds regularly? I'd be surprised if a lot of them have.

I'll be honest though, some of them I know little about so feel free to fill me in on any that you know have played in front of large crowds on a regular occasion.

princes town
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by princes town » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:09 am

Hilly wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Joseph s wrote:Try not to listen too much to what others outside your club are saying... Cos trust me, they all want to be you!!
I've been on the nonleaguezone forum and I just got the impression that they hated the fact that we're being seen as the "big boys" of the division and were trying to bring us down a peg or two, similar to how you'd react against someone you perceive as being too arrogant.

In the league predictions thread it just seemed as though most of them were omitting Darlo from the top 3 (or even top 6) on purpose, to make a point. There's a lot of bitterness towards us.
This is exactly what has happened and a lot of them decided we were arrogant and all sorts of other things "just because". Darlo fans in fact went out of their way to show respect on there only to have it thrown back in our faces.

I no longer worry about upsetting anyone on there, some are upset by default. What needs to get said will get said, when required.
Yeah I've come to the same conclusion. I went on there with an open mind but this misconception of Darlo fans optimism / hope coming across as arrogance pissed me right off.

There are a few level headed posters on there but they're few and far between from what I've seen so far. They also can't get their heads round the whole 'same club' issue so I've given up trying to explain.
It comes across as inverted snobbery - where they deprecates Darlo for attributes that would normally be considered desirable i.e a solid enough fan base and a desire to drag the club out of the slough of despond. A fan base in fact that will benefit everybody. I actually admire the NL fans for their loyalty to their club, sadly in an age when it is hard to support amateur football. They will see that they have nothing to fear because we are just like them battling against overwhelming odds.

Marketman
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Marketman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:38 am

Maybe we've got to look at it from their viewpoint.

They see a club with no ground of their own playing ten miles from their home town.
They see a club they tried to help last season with bucket collections and in some cases even attending our matches instead of theirs at the end of the season to show support and raise us some funds.
They see a club who has spent the last few years going from one financial crisis to the next.
They see a club with massive debts, much of it not being paid back.
They see a club who has been demoted due to their financial mismanagement.
They see a group of supporters who when they comment on this then come on Uncovered and report back that the rest of the NL is basically jealous.
They see a group of supporters who claim they are a big club, but all they are right now are a large group of supporters of an untested, homeless NL1 club.
They see a club whom the FA has labelled a new club, and a group of supporters whining about the fact and claiming that the FA is wrong and "we're not, we're the same club".
They see a group of supporters who when asked where their team will come in the league this season say "first" but call them idiots when they say the same about their teams.
They see a club charging massively over the odds for their home matches, which the away supporters will then have to pay to support their own teams. They see a club whose supporters when going to away matches will then pay less to see the same level of football.
They see a club charging £50 for parking at their borrowed ground, a club whose supporters have suggested making the HPark bar for small proportion of paid up Darlo supporters only.
They see a club selling every seat in their stand(s) to home supporters and reserving any disabled seating for their own supporters without any thought for travelling support.
They see a group of supporters who when they try and give us facts call them names and make comments about whippets.
I could go on.

My god, I'm starting to hate us.

Yes I'll probably get shouted down for this. But do like I did. Re-read some of the threads on here and on NLZ from their viewpoint.

AIDO
Posts: 2489
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by AIDO » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:54 am

.... well no doubt you could, but you are being very harsh there on two counts:

1) Generalising anything and everything Darlo into one big pot of badness ... and forgetting about all the fantastic, wonderful things that all the fantastic, wonderful people have done ... and all the fantastic and wondeful appreciation we have shown to all the fantastic wonderful people who have helped us out.

2) Generalising that all non league supporters are believing or saying such clap trap in the first place!

Marketman
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Marketman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:58 am

Just trying to make the point that not everyone sees it the way we do.

Clap trap? I think you'll find that every point is fact or based on comments read on here or on NLZ posted by Darlo fans.

User avatar
Christophano
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Christophano » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:18 am

Marketman wrote:Just trying to make the point that not everyone sees it the way we do.

Clap trap? I think you'll find that every point is fact or based on comments read on here or on NLZ posted by Darlo fans.
I agree with what you say, but you should recognise that it's only a few fans making these suggestions.
Using the bar as an example, most fans were against it being a paid up club house.

Marketman
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Marketman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 am

Christophano wrote:
Marketman wrote:Just trying to make the point that not everyone sees it the way we do.

Clap trap? I think you'll find that every point is fact or based on comments read on here or on NLZ posted by Darlo fans.
I agree with what you say, but you should recognise that it's only a few fans making these suggestions.
Using the bar as an example, most fans were against it being a paid up club house.
Agreed. But we need to remember that what we post on here is not just read by our own supporters. When we go on NLZ, it may only be a few of us posting... But they are representing our club.

User avatar
Hilly
Posts: 6250
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Hilly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:32 am

Marketman wrote:
Christophano wrote:
Marketman wrote:Just trying to make the point that not everyone sees it the way we do.

Clap trap? I think you'll find that every point is fact or based on comments read on here or on NLZ posted by Darlo fans.
I agree with what you say, but you should recognise that it's only a few fans making these suggestions.
Using the bar as an example, most fans were against it being a paid up club house.
Agreed. But we need to remember that what we post on here is not just read by our own supporters. When we go on NLZ, it may only be a few of us posting... But they are representing our club.
The only person I've seen on there who started out being an arse was Quakerz (not our one btw), and it's well renowned that the bloke is a troll.

The rest (including myself) went on there with an open mind and found the hostility quite surprising.

Jazz Maverick
Posts: 4284
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: London

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 am

What a load of old bollocks marketman.

We could be the humblest set of fans on the face of the earth, and those small time football snobs would still see us as arrogant, or too big for our boots, or having ideas above our station etc.

We've done nothing to deserve the pre conceived ideas and labels theyve constructed about us, so I'll be fucked if i try to 'understand' their baseless reverse snobbery.

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:41 am

I've read NLZ a fair bit since we got put in the NL, and everyone apart from the fake Quakerz started off being respectful of the NL, aware that it is going to be difficult to get out of at the first attempt etc etc. However, for some reason, many on there accused Darlington fans of being arrogant, which I never read any examples of. Even on here most seem to be of the opinion that we aren't going to stroll o the league! It's almost like they wanted Darlington fans to be arrogant to have a go at us, and it didn't actually matter what was written by said Darlington fans.

An odd place(as most messageboards are...), but one which I've been reading to try and get a bit of knowledge about what we are faced with next season!

The_Ponderer
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: The Big Village

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by The_Ponderer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:46 am

Marketman wrote: When we go on NLZ, it may only be a few of us posting... But they are representing our club.
Forums are about freedom of speech.
Do not think the Darlo fans on there are "representing" our club.
They post their opinions and not the opinions of the majority of fans nor the interim board.

I have only ever briefly skimmed through the NLZ and found it a most depressing place - the P****e Bulls**t-bunker is a better read and you can keep an eye on the evil plots they are scheming.

There are no Darlo fans I know - nor any I have seen here on Uncovered - going round with a sense of arrogance or entitlement.
We have had the most unbelievable season in our long history with twists and turns practically by the hour.
This has given us much to deal with and now much to get used to about our new league.
As far as I am concerned the majority of NL fans are our friends - they have helped us to save Darlo and likewise we have played many friendlies against NL clubs over the years (and will do so again this year) which has helped them.

User avatar
DL5
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by DL5 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Quakerz wrote:
DL5 wrote: We may struggle to adapt to the part time structure and mentality where to the players football is not top priority.
What shiit, think about what you are saying? We have signed from the same pool of part time players that everybody else does, why would "we" struggle to "adapt" to part time football? We have the same trials and tribulations as any other club, and whilst you might say that to players that football is not the top priority, this isn't a problem that only affects us, it affects everybody.

"Adapting" to the level and part time status is only a valid concern if you keep last seasons full time squad that isn't used to part time football or the level
So you think the harmony between the players and management is going to be there from the start is it? Players dipping out of training to do some overtime, not turning up because they've had to do a double shift, out on the lash, playing for the Sunday league team, you've heard the stories.

I think there'll be a bit of a bedding in period until MG and SG get their heads around it, this is new to them and will be a lot more difficult than managing full time professionals.
.

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:45 pm

God they're infuriating on that board. Part of me honestly hopes we s*** all over that league now just to shut the annoying fuckers up.

Darlofan97
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:48 pm

DL5 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
DL5 wrote: We may struggle to adapt to the part time structure and mentality where to the players football is not top priority.
What shiit, think about what you are saying? We have signed from the same pool of part time players that everybody else does, why would "we" struggle to "adapt" to part time football? We have the same trials and tribulations as any other club, and whilst you might say that to players that football is not the top priority, this isn't a problem that only affects us, it affects everybody.

"Adapting" to the level and part time status is only a valid concern if you keep last seasons full time squad that isn't used to part time football or the level
So you think the harmony between the players and management is going to be there from the start is it? Players dipping out of training to do some overtime, not turning up because they've had to do a double shift, out on the lash, playing for the Sunday league team, you've heard the stories.

I think there'll be a bit of a bedding in period until MG and SG get their heads around it, this is new to them and will be a lot more difficult than managing full time professionals.
On the other hand we have Brian Atkinson and Harry Dunn who should be used to it.
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jazz Maverick
Posts: 4284
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: London

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:48 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:God they're infuriating on that board. Part of me honestly hopes we s*** all over that league now just to shut the annoying fuckers up.
Typical arrogant darlo fan

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:God they're infuriating on that board. Part of me honestly hopes we s*** all over that league now just to shut the annoying fuckers up.
Typical arrogant darlo fan
:lol: :clap:

notgnilrad
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Anyone have a link to the NLZ worth a look. Thanks

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 pm

notgnilrad wrote:Anyone have a link to the NLZ worth a look. Thanks
http://nonleaguezone.com/viewforum.php?f=23

notgnilrad
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:57 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:Anyone have a link to the NLZ worth a look. Thanks
http://nonleaguezone.com/viewforum.php?f=23

Cheers :thumbup:

User avatar
DL5
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by DL5 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
DL5 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
DL5 wrote: We may struggle to adapt to the part time structure and mentality where to the players football is not top priority.
What shiit, think about what you are saying? We have signed from the same pool of part time players that everybody else does, why would "we" struggle to "adapt" to part time football? We have the same trials and tribulations as any other club, and whilst you might say that to players that football is not the top priority, this isn't a problem that only affects us, it affects everybody.

"Adapting" to the level and part time status is only a valid concern if you keep last seasons full time squad that isn't used to part time football or the level
So you think the harmony between the players and management is going to be there from the start is it? Players dipping out of training to do some overtime, not turning up because they've had to do a double shift, out on the lash, playing for the Sunday league team, you've heard the stories.

I think there'll be a bit of a bedding in period until MG and SG get their heads around it, this is new to them and will be a lot more difficult than managing full time professionals.
On the other hand we have Brian Atkinson and Harry Dunn who should be used to it.
I'll give you that, these things are always going to have their teething troubles though. The main issue is that everyone has been thrown together and unless we'd spent big and signed a team of BSN for example then we're asking a lot for a team of decent NL/NPL players to crack this division at the first attempt.
.

Darlofan97
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:31 pm

DL5 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
DL5 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
DL5 wrote: We may struggle to adapt to the part time structure and mentality where to the players football is not top priority.
What shiit, think about what you are saying? We have signed from the same pool of part time players that everybody else does, why would "we" struggle to "adapt" to part time football? We have the same trials and tribulations as any other club, and whilst you might say that to players that football is not the top priority, this isn't a problem that only affects us, it affects everybody.

"Adapting" to the level and part time status is only a valid concern if you keep last seasons full time squad that isn't used to part time football or the level
So you think the harmony between the players and management is going to be there from the start is it? Players dipping out of training to do some overtime, not turning up because they've had to do a double shift, out on the lash, playing for the Sunday league team, you've heard the stories.

I think there'll be a bit of a bedding in period until MG and SG get their heads around it, this is new to them and will be a lot more difficult than managing full time professionals.
On the other hand we have Brian Atkinson and Harry Dunn who should be used to it.
I'll give you that, these things are always going to have their teething troubles though. The main issue is that everyone has been thrown together and unless we'd spent big and signed a team of BSN for example then we're asking a lot for a team of decent NL/NPL players to crack this division at the first attempt.
Surely though, signing proven players from the NL is the way forward. They will know what it is all about. You have kind of contradicted yourself when you said there will be 'teething problems' then you later said we have signed decent NL/NPL players. Infact, only 2 of our players, Sean Gregan and David Dowson, have not played in the Northern League.

User avatar
DL5
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by DL5 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Darlofan97 wrote: Surely though, signing proven players from the NL is the way forward. They will know what it is all about. You have kind of contradicted yourself when you said there will be 'teething problems' then you later said we have signed decent NL/NPL players. Infact, only 2 of our players, Sean Gregan and David Dowson, have not played in the Northern League.
No contradiction, all I'm saying is that we're at a disadvantage (compared to established teams) because even if these player are good enough they're a completely new team that's been thrown together and will take time to bond.
.

Darlofan97
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

DL5 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote: Surely though, signing proven players from the NL is the way forward. They will know what it is all about. You have kind of contradicted yourself when you said there will be 'teething problems' then you later said we have signed decent NL/NPL players. Infact, only 2 of our players, Sean Gregan and David Dowson, have not played in the Northern League.
No contradiction, all I'm saying is that we're at a disadvantage (compared to established teams) because even if these player are good enough they're a completely new team that's been thrown together and will take time to bond.
That is what pre-season is for.

User avatar
DL5
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by DL5 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
DL5 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote: Surely though, signing proven players from the NL is the way forward. They will know what it is all about. You have kind of contradicted yourself when you said there will be 'teething problems' then you later said we have signed decent NL/NPL players. Infact, only 2 of our players, Sean Gregan and David Dowson, have not played in the Northern League.
No contradiction, all I'm saying is that we're at a disadvantage (compared to established teams) because even if these player are good enough they're a completely new team that's been thrown together and will take time to bond.
That is what pre-season is for.
Well I'd love to be wrong but I just don't think we'll hit the ground running but will grow as the season progresses
.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3148
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Where will we finish this season?

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Don't think our team will be good enough probably 4th or 5th at best

Darlofan97
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:03 pm

You're underestimating the strength of our team then.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3148
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Where will we finish this season?

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:You're underestimating the strength of our team then.
We are expected to do well so that means we will fuck up.. Of course I hope not

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 am

Marketman wrote:Maybe we've got to look at it from their viewpoint.
Maybe you should fuck off, because you're no Darlo fan.
They see a club with no ground of their own playing ten miles from their home town.
Right, so? No reason to hate us is it?
They see a club they tried to help last season with bucket collections and in some cases even attending our matches instead of theirs at the end of the season to show support and raise us some funds.
Oh, *they* do, do *they*? The people that hate us, you're claiming they all chucked money in our buckets and attended Darlo matches? You are claiming *they* as a sweeping generalisation. I bet one or two of the haters helped us, if that.
They see a club who has spent the last few years going from one financial crisis to the next.
Yet they are claiming we are a "new club" and therefore why should they hate us for the mismanagement of the "old club". If they recognise us as a continuation of the same club, then they can hold that against us if they want, not that it is our fault anyway. If we are a "new club", then soz, it's nowt to do with us and anybody that holds that financial history against us, can fuck off.
They see a club with massive debts, much of it not being paid back.
Yet they are claiming we are a "new club" and therefore why should they hate us for the mismanagement of the "old club". If they recognise us as a continuation of the same club, then they can hold that against us if they want, not that it is our fault anyway. If we are a "new club", then soz, it's nowt to do with us and anybody that holds that financial history against us, can fuck off.
They see a club who has been demoted due to their financial mismanagement.
Yet they are claiming we are a "new club" and therefore why should they hate us for the mismanagement of the "old club". If they recognise us as a continuation of the same club, then they can hold that against us if they want, not that it is our fault anyway. If we are a "new club", then soz, it's nowt to do with us and anybody that holds that financial history against us, can fuck off.
They see a group of supporters who when they comment on this then come on Uncovered and report back that the rest of the NL is basically jealous.
You just made that up. Fuck off.
They see a group of supporters who claim they are a big club, but all they are right now are a large group of supporters of an untested, homeless NL1 club.
Really? You just made that up too. Very few if any of us are claiming to be a big club and rubbing it in their faces.
They see a club whom the FA has labelled a new club, and a group of supporters whining about the fact and claiming that the FA is wrong and "we're not, we're the same club".
Congratulations, you finally said something that is truthful and not misinformed or blatantly made up. Well done.
They see a group of supporters who when asked where their team will come in the league this season say "first" but call them idiots when they say the same about their teams.
Again rubbish. No Darlo fans have criticised other teams fans thinking they will finish first. You may be thinking of the time when a load of people didn't put Darlo in the top 6 and I called them tapped in the head if they really believed that, but it is chalk and cheese compared to these mythical Darlo fans calling people idiots for thinking their own clubs will come first - I haven't seen it happen.
They see a club charging massively over the odds for their home matches, which the away supporters will then have to pay to support their own teams. They see a club whose supporters when going to away matches will then pay less to see the same level of football.
We are charging what we think is a fair price to watch our team, one that most Darlo fans are happy to pay. I could argue that the NL generally undercharges to watch their clubs. Also £8 isn't a million miles more than the £6 that most clubs are charging this season.
They see a club charging £50 for parking at their borrowed ground, a club whose supporters have suggested making the HPark bar for small proportion of paid up Darlo supporters only.
Don't forget it costs us money to set this car park up, and that car park is there because of supply and demand.
They see a club selling every seat in their stand(s) to home supporters and reserving any disabled seating for their own supporters without any thought for travelling support.
The trouble is we've got more fans that need seats or specifically disabled seating, than there is seating. There is not a lot we can do about it, but I notice you never mentioned that we ARE trying to solve that one by erecting another stand, at no small cost to ourselves, subject to planning permission.
They see a group of supporters who when they try and give us facts call them names and make comments about whippets.
I could counter that and say that generally Darlo fans went out of their way to be respectful, not be too arrogant etc etc, and had it thrown back in our faces a million times. We've had people just making stuff up about us and hating us for it. Sooner or later Darlo fans are going to get arsey about it and say "you know what, this is fucking ridiculous" then insults flow don't they...it's called a self defence mechanism.
I could go on.
You could, and it'd no doubt be another page full of shite like the above.
My god, I'm starting to hate us.
Based on s*** that you've half exaggerated and half invented. I hate you, based on that.
Yes I'll probably get shouted down for this. But do like I did. Re-read some of the threads on here and on NLZ from their viewpoint.
Nobody has claimed we are angels, but we are nothing like as bad as you are trying to paint us and there have been a few NL fans who are annoyed at the constant barracking we get, for fuck all.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:08 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:God they're infuriating on that board. Part of me honestly hopes we s*** all over that league now just to shut the annoying fuckers up.
:lol:
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

The_Ponderer wrote: Do not think the Darlo fans on there are "representing" our club.
They post their opinions and not the opinions of the majority of fans nor the interim board.
You know what, you don't half know how to rub people up the wrong way, you pondering twat.

You've effectively said there, that the Darlo fans posting on there (which includes me, Hilly, DL5, Darlofan97, and a couple others) are full of shite and at odds with the majority of normal Darlo fans etc.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Locked