Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

saint crow
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Re: Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Post by saint crow » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:26 am

This post is gathering steam! Tomorrow could be a big day!
We couldn't all be cowboys......some of us are clowns!

KHFC1
Team Supported: KHFC

Post by KHFC1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:27 am

Harriers fan here. Great OP, best of luck to you all.
Your fans have always done you proud whenever you've played us, and they'll continue to, I'm sure.

BohsPaddy
Team Supported: Bohemian FC

Post by BohsPaddy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 am

Bohemian FC Fan here from Ireland.

Absolute brilliant piece :clap: it sums up what been a football fan is all about.

Best of luck lads

Part Vole
Team Supported: Port Vale

Post by Part Vole » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 am

Nice post Sir.

It's sad to hear of your troubles and hope that someone suitable can come forward to pick up the pieces, but from what i've read this needs to happen quickly, or your squad could be decimiated/you may go under. I really hope something positive happens for you guys.

Best wishes from a Port Vale fan.

P.S. like a lot of clubs we're teetering on the brink, and i fully expect us to enter admin between now and end of the season :(

Stoke City
Team Supported: Stoke City

Post by Stoke City » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 am

Stoke City fan here..

What a fantastic read that was.. started to well up a bit! I wish you all the best on saturday and will be looking out for you.

good luck lads, sing your heart out like he said!

alexandralfc
Team Supported: Liverpool

Post by alexandralfc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 am

Scouser here, in peace. Sorry to hear of the situation you are in, it's sad.

Someone posted a link to the OP on our forum and I duly followed it. What a brilliant opening post, MKDarlo, one of the best I've seen on any of the many football forums I lurk in.

Best of luck lads and lasses.

GASHEAD12
Team Supported: Bristol Rovers

Post by GASHEAD12 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 am

Bristol Rovers fan here, just wanted to say read this on our official forum and felt I hat to make a post to wish you guys all the best and while I don't know what is happening at Darlington FC I feel for you!

Up The Gas and Darlington :D

Speechwriter
Team Supported: Grimsby

Post by Speechwriter » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:37 am

I am a Grimsby Town supporter and I think I speak on behalf of the majority of Mariners supporters and all true football supporters, when I say how sad I am to hear of your situation. I just hope something happens at the 11th hour to save your brilliant club.

Up the Darlo.

squiggs
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by squiggs » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:33 am

What a brilliant post MKDarlo, it certainly brought a tear to my eye. Tweeted it, facebooked it and printed it off to show my dad, but best show it to him after weve finished the job this morning, don't want any misfortunate errors occuring due to being emotionally unstable. we'll be there on sat nothing will stop me or anyone else i gather along the way. Hope we all fit in the ground!

welshjon
Team Supported: cardiff

Post by welshjon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 am

Hope something happens at the last minute for you guys great post true supporters
from a cardiff fan

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am

Priase from the Sunderland Forum now
I've not read this thread so this might already be on here but have a read of this, the best forum post I've ever read.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread ... z1iZYOPerH

PrestonNorthEnd
Team Supported: Preston North End

Post by PrestonNorthEnd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:05 am

Brilliant OP, congratulations. Emotive and passionate yet sincere. That is what being a real football fan at a real football club is all about.

Best of luck from Preston North End. I have posted it on our fans forum and I will be keeping an eye out on Saturday with both fingers crossed for Darlington. All the best lads.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 am

Epic OP MK Darlo, hope you don't mind but I have sent this on to Danny Baker so hopefully he can give it a mention on the radio on Saturday.

Darlo Til I Die

Jason
Team Supported: Crystal Palace

Post by Jason » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:31 am

Palace fan in peace here, hope you don't mind me coming in to show some support

As another Palace fan has posted in this thread, we've been through something similar more than once, and know that gut wrenching feeling of feeling that the next game could be our last. The situation you're in right now is an awful one, and the OP is bang on the money with how you should approach the next game, and each one that (hopefully) follows after that.

In a best case scenario, this period will be a new start. A new chapter of heroes will be written at the club as you put together enough points to stay in the League, and new owners eventually come in who resolve the long term difficulties that put you here in the first place.

Obviously the worst case scenario is nowhere near as rosy as that, but even that doesn't have to be the end. If the worst happens, look to Chester and Halifax, towns that "lost" their clubs, but through the kind of spirit expressed by the OP, have Phoenix clubs that maintain the spirit of the old. Those clubs are now doing well at a good standard of football, and continuing to represent their towns with pride.

Good luck for Saturday and beyond.

womble
Team Supported: Darlington/Glasgow Rangers

Post by womble » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:01 am

fantastic post put a lump in me throat and a tear in me eye il be at barrow on sat

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 am

Just had an email this am from a Norwich fan linking in MKDarlo original post.

Passion Not Anger
Team Supported: Colchester

Post by Passion Not Anger » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 am

Colchester Fan in peace,

Just saw this via a link from a Southend Forum of all places - never normally register on other teams forums but couldn't not after reading that.

Fantastic original post, really feel the emotion.

Will post link onto a couple of Colchester Forums as I think the whole football community should read this before they slag off their existing mangers/boards etc.

Not sure what we could do but if there are any petitions, letters etc that would be help let us know.

Good luck and I hope that your proud club will rise again from this.

darlopalaceboy
Team Supported: palace

Post by darlopalaceboy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 am

Another Palace fan wishing you all a future . I am from Perth in Western Australia and from now on i will be looking out for your results . I thought the OP was great and hope you can get the media attention and a buyer/benefactor can be found.
Have a great day on Saturday at Barrow and many more after !!!!!!

FoolFromTheHill
Team Supported: Norwich City

Post by FoolFromTheHill » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 am

Well like the fans from the other teams, can I take the opportunity to wish you all the very best from Norwich City Football Club and its many fans.

That OP does sum up what it means to be a true football fan and takes me back to my first memories of Carrow Road with my grandad… when there wasn't much difference between the grounds at the top of the First Division and the bottom of the Fourth save size. the game's not like that any more and far worse for it in my opinion.

I hope you get the turn out that your team and obvious passion deserves… and if our club can illustrate anything in terms of hope it is that its always darkest before the dawn.

Now then, how do you go about embarrassing a few Premier League Players to give up a days wages to keep your grand old club afloat?

Keep on keeping on.

All the best

Highlighted now on one of our more popular forums:
http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinku ... wPost.aspx
Last edited by FoolFromTheHill on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grimley

Post by Grimley » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 am

Best of luck to all of you from Sweden. If this indeed ends up being your last game, I sure hope you get to go home with a victory.

I just wanted you to know that Sweden's largest newspaper picked your story up, and I bet you'll see that it's been picked up in more countries as well before Saturday.

If anyone knows Swedish or wants to run it through Google Translate, the story is here:

http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/bankoniva/2 ... rs-in-arms

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 am

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:Just had an email this am from a Norwich fan linking in MKDarlo original post.
I put a few words on there message board to explain breifly whats going on at Darlo, and a link to the PayPal, seems a few of there fans are adding in the odd £10 so perhaps for those fans wishing us luck form other clubs if you could stick a link on to your message boards, can do no harm.

Stockport Fan
Team Supported: stockport

Post by Stockport Fan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 am

Stockport fan here

so sad to hear all that has gone on at Darlo, still feel this is what might happen to us yet.

Had one of my best away days at your place, i'lll never forgot the last game of the season in 2007. We just missed out on the playoffs on goal difference but what a day we had!

Really really hope something happens in the 11th hour. Good Luck to you all, sing your hearts out, show the world what real football is about!

Animo et fide

Chipster
Team Supported: Norwich City

Post by Chipster » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:02 am

As soon as I finish writing this, and wiping my eyes, i'm going to look into flights from here in Spain to get to Barrow. I'd be proud to stand there besides you (if you don't mind me wearing yellow and green..).

--Chipster

Fredster
Team Supported: Hibernian

Post by Fredster » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 am

Hibs fan here,

First off I'd like to say sorry to hear how bad things have got at you're club. I had no idea about this at all.

Onto the OP, Wow.... That is what you call a football fan. Well done sir you have captured exactly how true fans feel about you're club and football. You have not only got everyone standing together but also other football supporters all over the place now pulling for you guys. I for one will be hoping this isn't the last time you see you're team play. Some people don't get how much a club means to the real fans. I suffer from Cystic Fibrosis and was given 12 years to live. I'm now a fit 33 year old who still refuses to give in. Just because people think you can't go on or should just give up doesn't mean we should. Stand tall, stand strong, and stand together. I want to see my team lift the Scottish cup which we haven't done since 1902, I believe we will in my lifetime so I'm not giving up. Good luck guys you can survive and no matter what happens you have the club in you're heart. From up here in Scotland we wish you all the best.

mackemlad
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by mackemlad » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:20 am

Sunderland fan here, keep fighting lads, you just never know. Show any potential investors at Barrow what they could have. I'll stick a fiver in your donation account, keep the faith!!

adamt958
Team Supported: Cardiff City

Post by adamt958 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 am

Cardiff City fan here

We know as many as most its not nice to be on the brink of liquidation, we managed to find a way out and I really do hope you do.
I like everyone else hopes that this is not your last game
There will be 1600 or so bluebirds doing the ayeotollah for you at West Brom on saturday.

ONE DARLO FC
THERES ONLY ONE DARLO FC
ONE DARLO FC
THERES ONLY ONE DARLO FC

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:32 am

Thank you all for visiting the site and helping to spread the word about the Once more Unto the Breach message. Now as a fellow football fan I'm begging here, since about 10pm last night we as a forum have raised nearly £2000 in just over 12hours. I would ask of you to please spread the the message about the rescue fund and the Once more unto the breach post, onto your very own message boards and fansites. Any donations would be most appreciated and will go along way into helping the club, and more importantly the players. Cheers

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=757

PAYPAL - scott@ukrivals.net

womble
Team Supported: Darlington/Glasgow Rangers

Post by womble » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 am

Chipster wrote:As soon as I finish writing this, and wiping my eyes, i'm going to look into flights from here in Spain to get to Barrow. I'd be proud to stand there besides you (if you don't mind me wearing yellow and green..).

--Chipster
It would be a pleasure

willprosser
Team Supported: Notts County

Post by willprosser » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 am

Hi all,
I'm a Notts County fan, but reading this makes me realize how hard it is for clubs like Darlo in the BSP, when money isn't always around...
I've watched Darlo a few times as my friend is a big fan, so we occasionally travel up North to watch the lads...
Can someone just please clarify to me what will happen if a buyer is not found soon, i heard it was £300,000-£500,000 to buy, but that may just be a rumour, so what happens to Raj, the Players & the club if a buyer isn't bought!

I've just donated £50 to the money scheme trying to raise money on the Darlo Uncovered website, hope it helps, just showing my respect to Darlo as a fellow football fan, i regard Darlo as my second team after Notts ofcourse.

I really hope someone buys in and Darlo get back on track, i've seen promising football from the players when i've come to watch...

Cheers, and best of luck
Will

alexandralfc
Team Supported: Liverpool

Post by alexandralfc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 am

Big Tim wrote:Thank you all for visiting the site and helping to spread the word about the Once more Unto the Breach message. Now as a fellow football fan I'm begging here, since about 10pm last night we as a forum have raised nearly £2000 in just over 12hours. I would ask of you to please spread the the message about the rescue fund and the Once more unto the breach post, onto your very own message boards and fansites. Any donations would be most appreciated and will go along way into helping the club, and more importantly the players. Cheers

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=757

PAYPAL - scott@ukrivals.net
I wish I could donate personally but I am skint beyond belief. :(

I really feel for you lot, it's a horrible situation to be in.

I will definitely keep bumping the thread about this on our own forum, and have posted about it on Facebook and Twitter. I will nag all my equally football obsessed friends to do the same.