Oh dear

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

walshys_wingman_11
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Oh dear

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 pm

just a small point but why does he say back page ? It must be a footballing story or it would have said front page ....but this is the echo we are talking about.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Hawkeye wrote: Ah. Well in that case I retract all of my comments from this thread... and add the following:

I noticed the official site have just posted a new story on Twitter. I clicked on it expecting some sort of explanation of today's goings on... turns out it's just a feature on Dan Burn.
Maybe that's it? This is a bit of a stunner if you ask me...

"I don't get out a lot because I'm always knackered from training. It's so intense, I'll get in from training and sleep until tea time!"

(EX) QUAKERS IN CRISIS - Burn sleeps until tea time shocker! Knackered star doesn't get out a lot.

http://www.darlington-fc.net/page/NewsD ... 11,00.html

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:08 pm

David Beckham to buy the club and appoint Paul Scholes lol. :crazy:

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Or maybe it's going to be:

'Moore caught in compromising position, alledgedly blowing smoke up Raj Singh's arse'

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 pm

fat tony wrote:
Hawkeye wrote: Ah. Well in that case I retract all of my comments from this thread... and add the following:

I noticed the official site have just posted a new story on Twitter. I clicked on it expecting some sort of explanation of today's goings on... turns out it's just a feature on Dan Burn.
Maybe that's it? This is a bit of a stunner if you ask me...

"I don't get out a lot because I'm always knackered from training. It's so intense, I'll get in from training and sleep until tea time!"

(EX) QUAKERS IN CRISIS - Burn sleeps until tea time shocker! Knackered star doesn't get out a lot.

http://www.darlington-fc.net/page/NewsD ... 11,00.html
Great. I'm glad that's been cleared up. Can we close this thread now please?

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Maybe Arni wasnt referring to football?

As much as Im clutching at straws, the term 'stunner for Darlington supporters' doesnt come across negative.

However, I wish they would just keep their fucking mouths shut if they arent going to tweet the actual headline, all its doing is causing grief, and if it does happen to be good news, then the Echo can fuck off anyway, as this 'episode' would of clearly been a manipulation.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Loughlin is, of course, a poolie. Hopefully a mischievous poolie.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:15 pm

m62exile wrote:Loughlin is, of course, a poolie. Hopefully a mischievous poolie.
And Stod is a darlo fan, if it was Loughlin on a wind up I think Stod would have tweeted something to counter it.

Winehouse

Post by Winehouse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Back page suggests football news, rather than club and admin news.

Stunner suggests good news.

I will decorate my underpants if Hodgson is back.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:17 pm

If it was good news it would be easier to tweet a word that could not be taken either way like "stunner".

Thus I conclude it's bad news.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 pm

any other club in the county and the 'news' would be on the website by now.....but this is darlo, the club that makes everyone wait for hours and not give any indication if the 'news' is good or bad
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Mark Cooper returns ...no wonder Arni isn't happy

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 pm

It's almost certainly bad. It's Darlo we're talking about.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Quakerz wrote:If it was good news it would be easier to tweet a word that could not be taken either way like "stunner".

Thus I conclude it's bad news.
You're probably right, but if it was über bad news I'm sure Peter Barron would be tweeting like a canary...has done the last couple of times...

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Let's not fool ourselves, it's going to be bad news. Granted it won't be the "A" word, but I think rumour's of Raj installing some sort of stand against the players might not be too far off the mark.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Hilly wrote:Let's not fool ourselves, it's going to be bad news. Granted it won't be the "A" word, but I think rumour's of Raj installing some sort of stand against the players might not be too far off the mark.
Maybe he's put the whole lot on the transfer list....didn't Hodgy do that once?

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Withholding their win bonuses ?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:25 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:Withholding their win bonuses ?
:clap:

Oh. Hang on...

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:26 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:Withholding their win bonuses ?
they've managed that one by themselves

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:26 pm

If Singh is making some sort of stand against the players, they deserve it as they are a shower of shite. Unfortunately, however, the Conference and the PFA won't see it that way.

Thebobster

Post by Thebobster » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:28 pm

If it was news facing the whole club such as Stadium woes once again, or the dreaded Administration, then it would generally be found on the Front Page of the echo and wrote by a news journalist, and not a sports journalist. As such with the past few major incidents in the clubs life.

However, this one is on the back page, and is therefore likely to be a playing matter, or a contractual matter between Raj and the players.

TheB

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 pm

can we set up a list of who thinks what? that way, when the news turns out to be raj had the dan burn money on hinkley to win 3-0, we know who to point and laugh at? :lol:

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:32 pm

if its to do with delivering underperforming players with ultimatums on their wages then I agree with Raj, it may even get them playing for their money - if not - then the dole line is that way - - - - ->. Maybe Raj has seen that to compete in this league doesn't necessarily mean a big budget, having been turned over by 'pub teams' nearly all season.

But you never know it could even be a STUNNING management appointment... :?
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Thebobster wrote:If it was news facing the whole club such as Stadium woes once again, or the dreaded Administration, then it would generally be found on the Front Page of the echo and wrote by a news journalist, and not a sports journalist. As such with the past few major incidents in the clubs life.

However, this one is on the back page, and is therefore likely to be a playing matter, or a contractual matter between Raj and the players.

TheB
Based on the Echo's history of breaking Darlo news, if it were stadium woes or similar it would more like be in the classifieds before it was on the front/back page.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Maybe Ron Greener's come out of retirement?

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Have looked at Stods tweets. It's not admin again, but it's clearly not good news.

I just wish Stod would spill it. It's not as though many buy the Echo anyway.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Its one of the things I hate the Echo for the most.... I know they have to sell papers but this whole "we know something, its not good news, buy the paper" tomorrow s*** really pisses me off. Its playing with people's emotions.

Personally I don't care enough any more. Whatever it is will be met by a shrug of the shoulders tomorrow morning. The rubbish served up on the pitch this season and the constant circus of events have just worn me down to the point where I don't get bothered by it any more.

Lets face it, having supported this club for years we've seen it all before.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Stoddart says its financial but Loughlin describes it as something Stoddart has "dug out"

This suggests its not a major announcement by the club but something the Echo have uncovered . . hmmm . . .

mobi

Post by mobi » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Charlie_Darlo wrote:If Singh is making some sort of stand against the players, they deserve it as they are a shower of shite. Unfortunately, however, the Conference and the PFA won't see it that way.
Whether they deserve it or not is irrelevant. If Singh really thinks he can renegotiate contracts in the middle of the season then he has lost the fucking plot.

The players will refuse of course, apart from those who are so s*** they'll never get another club. So, its a great way to lose your best players and keep your worst.

If Singh really is trying this then it either shows that our finances are stretched to breaking point, or that he is truly clueless. He may as well throw the towel in now, this is going to be awful. Wake me up when AFC Darlo are here.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:55 pm

mobi wrote:
Charlie_Darlo wrote:If Singh is making some sort of stand against the players, they deserve it as they are a shower of shite. Unfortunately, however, the Conference and the PFA won't see it that way.
Whether they deserve it or not is irrelevant. If Singh really thinks he can renegotiate contracts in the middle of the season then he has lost the fucking plot.

The players will refuse of course, apart from those who are so s*** they'll never get another club. So, its a great way to lose your best players and keep your worst.

If Singh really is trying this then it either shows that our finances are stretched to breaking point, or that he is truly clueless. He may as well throw the towel in now, this is going to be awful. Wake me up when AFC Darlo are here.
Except you have no idea any of this is actually going to happen.

You've made up an entire situation and reacted to it. Fairly gay behaviour to be honest.