EURO 2016

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BaronsCourtQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: EURO 2016

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri May 20, 2016 2:17 pm

Darlogramps wrote: Or you get ill-thought out nonsense like this:
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote: Forwards again the consensus seems to be that we are blessed up front. I tend to disagree, again all decent forwards but are they really in the bracket of Owen, Shearer, Wright, Fowler, Sheringham, Ferdinand who never brought anything home.
If you're going to compare, you can't cherry-pick the best England strikers from the past 20 years and compare them against a smaller group of individuals, particularly when the current crop are young players, yet to realise their full potential and with fewer international matches under their belts.

When BCQ picks Owen, Shearer etc, he's thinking of them in their pomp, at their best. Kane, Sturridge, Vardy and Rashford have played in one major tournament between them. Their best days are still to come. (Yes I must also include Rooney, and he has generally been underwhelming at major tournaments, although he is a our record goalscorer so clearly has something about him).

To compare the two groups of players is ludicrous and unfair because it's not a balanced comparison.
I'm not cherry picking the best forwards, that (if you include Rooney) covers a history of forwards, and it’s a fair comparison, picking the best of what we had to the best of what we have. Why is it ill thought out? Your throwing in other parameters such as potential. Potential is not for tournaments. We have qualified and should be going to win not blood endless youngsters for the future, that’s what your development ages are for.

If I'm not mistaken I said I'm looking forward to the competition and we have decent forwards whilst the sum may well equal more of the parts, all positive. Likewise you can't say that we haven't on paper (cue played on grasss...) had better squads in the past.

Similar to Spyman I’d like to see us set up as below, think Drinkwater just brings a little more cover the defence where both Clyne and Rose will help provide the width.

Hart

Clyne
Cahill
Smalling
Rose

Drinkwater
Dier

Vardy / Sterling (if he finds any form)
Ali
Lallana

Kane

Darlogramps wrote: Anything beyond the quarters would be above expectation.
Which is also what I said in my state of negativity and ill-though out nonsense?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 20, 2016 3:58 pm

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: Or you get ill-thought out nonsense like this:
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote: Forwards again the consensus seems to be that we are blessed up front. I tend to disagree, again all decent forwards but are they really in the bracket of Owen, Shearer, Wright, Fowler, Sheringham, Ferdinand who never brought anything home.
If you're going to compare, you can't cherry-pick the best England strikers from the past 20 years and compare them against a smaller group of individuals, particularly when the current crop are young players, yet to realise their full potential and with fewer international matches under their belts.

When BCQ picks Owen, Shearer etc, he's thinking of them in their pomp, at their best. Kane, Sturridge, Vardy and Rashford have played in one major tournament between them. Their best days are still to come. (Yes I must also include Rooney, and he has generally been underwhelming at major tournaments, although he is a our record goalscorer so clearly has something about him).

To compare the two groups of players is ludicrous and unfair because it's not a balanced comparison.
I'm not cherry picking the best forwards, that (if you include Rooney) covers a history of forwards, and it’s a fair comparison, picking the best of what we had to the best of what we have. Why is it ill thought out? Your throwing in other parameters such as potential. Potential is not for tournaments. We have qualified and should be going to win not blood endless youngsters for the future, that’s what your development ages are for.

If I'm not mistaken I said I'm looking forward to the competition and we have decent forwards whilst the sum may well equal more of the parts, all positive. Likewise you can't say that we haven't on paper (cue played on grasss...) had better squads in the past.

Similar to Spyman I’d like to see us set up as below, think Drinkwater just brings a little more cover the defence where both Clyne and Rose will help provide the width.

Hart

Clyne
Cahill
Smalling
Rose

Drinkwater
Dier

Vardy / Sterling (if he finds any form)
Ali
Lallana

Kane

Which is also what I said in my state of negativity and ill-though out nonsense?
Surely if you're comparing our current set of forwards, so the starters and the back-up, with a selection of strikers from England-past, you have to do so with a full squad of strikers.

Euro 96 I think we went with Shearer, Sheringham, Ferdinand and Fowler didn't we? From memory, Wright was left out? Is the current pool of Rooney, Kane, Vardy and Sturridge better or worse than that group? Based on form, I don't think there's much in it - Kane and Vardy are two of the league's top scorers, as Shearer and Fowler were back then. Sheringham was never prolific and I guess was more of the Rooney figure. Sturridge and Ferdinand? Not much in it I'd say.

France 98 we had Shearer, Owen, Sheringham and Wright I believe. Owen had done very little and could be compared to Rashford pretty well. Again you're probably left with Vardy/Sturridge vs Wright.

I could go on....
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Fri May 20, 2016 9:58 pm

I actually think there's a real freshness to this squad, so I'm pretty optimistic that we're going to be entertaining to watch, even though we might ship a few goals along the way.

I'm not sure exactly why, but I've got this feeling Jamie Vardy's going to have a big impact too. I think it's 'cause he reminds me a bit of Toto Schillaci before Italia '90: relatively unknown outside his domestic league, not necessarily a starter, but ends up tearing up the tournament.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat May 21, 2016 11:38 am

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote: I'm not cherry picking the best forwards, that (if you include Rooney) covers a history of forwards, and it’s a fair comparison, picking the best of what we had to the best of what we have. Why is it ill thought out? Your throwing in other parameters such as potential.
It's one of the worst comparisons seen on this board. You can't compare our current crop of forwards on the basis of a few years of their career against the whole careers of our best forwards in the past 20 years.

As Spyman says, if you're going to compare, you have to do it on the basis of squads at previous tournaments, and where those strikers were at that point in their careers.

To say Kane/Rashford aren't in the same bracket as Shearer or Wright is ridiculously unbalanced. At which point in their careers are you using Shearer/Wright/Owen in this comparison? It seems you've taken it at the end of their careers, when they've had more experience and time to achieve more.

Kane, Rashford, Vardy and Sturridge haven't had the time to achieve as much at international tournaments, so you can't compare.

You must include other factors such as potential to make it a fairer comparison. I'm pointing out what you've overlooked.

Basically you've made up a ludicrous comparison in order justify your negative view of the squad, rather than being more objective.
Potential is not for tournaments. We have qualified and should be going to win not blood endless youngsters for the future, that’s what your development ages are for.
This is patently nonsense. Firstly, tournament football is massively different to friendlies or qualifiers. It requires a different mindset because the circumstances are different. You play several games in different cities in a relatively short space of time.

So to develop that mindset, you have to give players the chance to play in these tournaments.

Yes you can say they should play in tournaments at U21, U19, U17 level and so on, and to an extent I agree. But given we have a shortage of quality English players, if a youngster shows promise, why not give them a chance to impress at senior level? That's what other countries do.

Essentially you're saying "We'll win nothing with kids", which is ridiculous and moronic, because the likes of Alli, Kane, Vardy and Barkley are more talented than the older has-beens who've failed or been rejected for international level already.

Another criticism of you is while you've sort of said who in the squad you don't believe are good enough, you haven't said who your alternatives are. And I mean for a full squad, not a starting XI. If the midfield is "much of a muchness" who would you put in instead?
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:
Clearly you don't understand the idea of nuance. Everything in your world must be black and white.

If you make an argument with multiple points, it's likely there will be areas of agreement as well as disagreement. We agree on this point, but I disagree wholeheartedly with you elsewhere. And I've laid out exactly why I disagree with you.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote: I'm not cherry picking the best forwards, that (if you include Rooney) covers a history of forwards, and it’s a fair comparison, picking the best of what we had to the best of what we have. Why is it ill thought out? Your throwing in other parameters such as potential.
It's one of the worst comparisons seen on this board. You can't compare our current crop of forwards on the basis of a few years of their career against the whole careers of our best forwards in the past 20 years.

As Spyman says, if you're going to compare, you have to do it on the basis of squads at previous tournaments, and where those strikers were at that point in their careers.

To say Kane/Rashford aren't in the same bracket as Shearer or Wright is ridiculously unbalanced. At which point in their careers are you using Shearer/Wright/Owen in this comparison? It seems you've taken it at the end of their careers, when they've had more experience and time to achieve more.

Kane, Rashford, Vardy and Sturridge haven't had the time to achieve as much at international tournaments, so you can't compare.

You must include other factors such as potential to make it a fairer comparison. I'm pointing out what you've overlooked.

Basically you've made up a ludicrous comparison in order justify your negative view of the squad, rather than being more objective.
Potential is not for tournaments. We have qualified and should be going to win not blood endless youngsters for the future, that’s what your development ages are for.
Re: your first sentence, Darlo Pete has just compared fracking to Ched Evans.
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:
Clearly you don't understand the idea of nuance. Everything in your world must be black and white.

If you make an argument with multiple points, it's likely there will be areas of agreement as well as disagreement. We agree on this point, but I disagree wholeheartedly with you elsewhere. And I've laid out exactly why I disagree with you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun May 22, 2016 4:25 pm

England v Turkey on now and an interesting lineup:

Hart

Walker, Cahill, Stones, Rose

Wilshere, Dier, Alli

Sterling, Kane, Vardy

So that's quite a balanced looking 433 formation with lots of pace, energy, and quality.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Yeh, I guess Clyne, Smalling, Rooney and Milner are omissions for obvious reasons.

I also wonder if (assuming he is fit) Rooney's late run of form as a deep lying midfielder might open the door for Rashford to be the fourth striker at the expense of one of the midfielders?

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:40 am

I was thinking the very same - problem is it would mean ditching 3 midfielders from the current crop. Rashford is easier to not take than finding 3 midfielders to ditch.

Townsend, Milner & Henderson possibly.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 am

lo36789 wrote:I was thinking the very same - problem is it would mean ditching 3 midfielders from the current crop. Rashford is easier to not take than finding 3 midfielders to ditch.

Townsend, Milner & Henderson possibly.
I'd imagine you're right on Rashford. I think it is unlikely he'll go (particularly if there's anything to the knock he took on Saturday).

But if he did, I'd expect Henderson, Drinkwater and Townsend to miss out. I think we'll only go with one of Wishere and Henderson as both have fitness doubts. Hodgson seems to prefer Wilshere (I also think he has more about him when on his game).

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:37 am

The thing with Drinkwater is that aside from maybe Alli and Dier he is probably the best performing centre midfielder this season.

That said Milner is Hodgson's man through and through so it is difficult to imagine him not being in the squad.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon May 23, 2016 11:30 am

I'd be amazed if Milner didn't make the final squad, not least given his current form. He's been excellent for Liverpool in recent weeks (incidentally in the absence of Henderson).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 pm

I'd have Milner over Henderson any day of the week. For all he gets slated for being boring, he's effective, works hard, and can play anywhere across midfield which is helpful in tournament football.

DC

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:06 pm

Doesn't matter who you pick, Bale's gonna rip you apart :D :D

anyway... I'm going and will be at Wales v England. Anyone going to that fixture? Just heard that Lens is going to be an alcohol free zone for 24 hrs before and after the game, apart from fan parks/designated venues. So no bars can serve alcohol for 24 hours.

anyone fancy a pre/post game beer before/after we muller you?? :D :D

It's just myself and a mate and we're a friendly bunch.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 24, 2016 1:07 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Doesn't matter who you pick, Bale's gonna rip you apart :D :D
I'm Welsh AND English so I have the benefit of having two international teams to support.

But this is the first time that I've ever been able to support Wales at a tournament, so it's exciting.

What do you reckon of our chances?

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:35 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:Doesn't matter who you pick, Bale's gonna rip you apart :D :D
I'm Welsh AND English so I have the benefit of having two international teams to support.

But this is the first time that I've ever been able to support Wales at a tournament, so it's exciting.

I fancy us to go through the group... Russia are poor and have just lost their best player to injury... We should be able to beat Slovakia and I'd take a draw against England... I think 3 teams could potentially go through from our group...

I first started watching Wales during the qualifiers for USA94, back when I was 10/11... I was there when Bodin hit the bar from the pen spot against Romania, never quite got over that... we certainly owe Russia from 2004 when they had that drug cheat playing for them in that play off. You'll know only too well that Wales are torture to follow, so many chances to qualify... Joe Jordan's hand ball, Iceland at the Vetch in 82, Scotland at Ninian in 86, the night Jock Stein died, we've come so close so many times, we're going to enjoy this one, could be our last for another 58 years.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 24, 2016 3:26 pm

England and Wales should both qualify for the knock out stage. But when talking about England, how many times have we gone into a competition with high hopes of us getting through, for us to fall at the first fence?

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue May 24, 2016 3:37 pm

You'd have to back England to finish in the top 2 in the group. 1st or 2nd should result in a winnable game in the 1st knockout round, so surely we'll make the quarters!

Have I just done a Darlo_Pete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 24, 2016 3:48 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

I fancy us to go through the group... Russia are poor and have just lost their best player to injury... We should be able to beat Slovakia and I'd take a draw against England... I think 3 teams could potentially go through from our group...

I first started watching Wales during the qualifiers for USA94, back when I was 10/11... I was there when Bodin hit the bar from the pen spot against Romania, never quite got over that... we certainly owe Russia from 2004 when they had that drug cheat playing for them in that play off. You'll know only too well that Wales are torture to follow, so many chances to qualify... Joe Jordan's hand ball, Iceland at the Vetch in 82, Scotland at Ninian in 86, the night Jock Stein died, we've come so close so many times, we're going to enjoy this one, could be our last for another 58 years.
You're right, supporting Wales is torture. :(

England aren't much better but at least they usually qualify for most tournaments.

And I won't be able to support either team in the England V Wales game, so I guess I'll just hope for the draw and then hope both teams qualify. Plus I agree with your assessment: I think we're good enough to at least get out of the group. We just need our spine of Bale, Ramsey, and Williams to stay injury free and on form then who knows? I'm confident we can do well as there is quality in the rest of our squad too.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it, and I'm totally jealous of you getting to go to the game! Hope you enjoy it and fingers crossed we do well... :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:55 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:Have, I just done a, Darlo_Pete?
there now you have.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 24, 2016 4:25 pm

lo36789 wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:Have, I just done a, Darlo_Pete?
they're now you have to.
Their now we all, have, to,

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 24, 2016 4:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:England and Wales should both qualify for the knock out stage. But when talking about England, how many times have we gone into a competition with high hopes of us getting through, for us to fall at the first fence?
Not often, given that we've only failed to get out of our group once since 2000.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:22 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

You're right, supporting Wales is torture. :(

England aren't much better but at least they usually qualify for most tournaments.

And I won't be able to support either team in the England V Wales game, so I guess I'll just hope for the draw and then hope both teams qualify. Plus I agree with your assessment: I think we're good enough to at least get out of the group. We just need our spine of Bale, Ramsey, and Williams to stay injury free and on form then who knows? I'm confident we can do well as there is quality in the rest of our squad too.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it, and I'm totally jealous of you getting to go to the game! Hope you enjoy it and fingers crossed we do well... :thumbup:
Yeah I'm going to watch the Champs league final through my fingers, I wouldn't put it past that Atletico team managed by Simeone, to target Bale and Ronaldo. I wouldn't even let him train with Wales, just fitness work, no games etc, nothing where tackling is involved...

The one who's key for me in that midfield is Joey Allen... He's been immense this season for Wales and under Klopp he's getting forward, which he hadn't done since Martinez managed the Swans... he's going to have a big tournament... but Ash is as important as Bale for me, he's an absolute rock at the back...

Yeah can't wait, fly to Limoges on the 10th, stay there over night, head for Bordeaux, go to the first game... I think we then have another two days there before going up to Lens... then make our way down, bit by bit, to Toulouse, stopping off at Clermont, the student capital of France :D We fly home a day or two after the Russia game... if we get thru we have the option of flying back out a week later for the 2nd round game. After that we don't have a plan but I'm sure we'll sort something.

THE PRINCE OF WALES

Post by THE PRINCE OF WALES » Wed May 25, 2016 5:59 pm

i can remember the battle of cardiff in 1976 under the old format of the euros,when wales palyes yugoslavia and a east german ref rudy glockner cost wales the game.in the quarter finals.58 years of pain nearly over.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu May 26, 2016 1:38 am

EURO 1996 Squad.

1 GK
David Seaman
19 September 1963 (aged 32) 24 England Arsenal (2nd Tournament) Would of been 3 but had to pull out of 1990 squad when in Italy with thumb injury replaced by Dave Beasant.
2 DF
Gary Neville
18 February 1975 (aged 21) 10 England Manchester United (1st Tournament)
3 DF
Stuart Pearce
24 April 1962 (aged 34) 65 England Nottingham Forest (3rd Tournament
4 MF
Paul Ince
21 October 1967 (aged 28) 19 Italy Internazionale (1st Tournament)
5 DF
Tony Adams (captain)
10 October 1966 (aged 29) 40 England Arsenal (2nd Tournament)
6 DF
Gareth Southgate
3 September 1970 (aged 25) 4 England Aston Villa (1st Tournament)
7 MF
David Platt
10 June 1966 (aged 29) 58 England Arsenal (3rd Tournament)
8 MF
Paul Gascoigne
27 May 1967 (aged 29) 38 Scotland Rangers (2nd Tournament)
9 FW
Alan Shearer
13 August 1970 (aged 25) 23 England Blackburn Rovers (2nd Tournament)
10 FW
Teddy Sheringham
2 April 1966 (aged 30) 15 England Tottenham Hotspur (1st Tournament)
11 MF
Darren Anderton
3 March 1972 (aged 24) 11 England Tottenham Hotspur (1st Tournament)12 DF
Steve Howey
26 October 1971 (aged 24) 4 England Newcastle United (1st Tournament)
13 GK
Tim Flowers
3 February 1967 (aged 29) 8 England Blackburn Rovers (1st Tournament)
14 MF
Nick Barmby
11 February 1974 (aged 22) 6 England Middlesbrough (1st Tournament)
15 MF
Jamie Redknapp
25 June 1973 (aged 22) 4 England Liverpool (1st Tournament)
16 DF
Sol Campbell
18 September 1974 (aged 21) 1 England Tottenham Hotspur (1st Tournament)
17 MF
Steve McManaman
11 February 1972 (aged 24) 10 England Liverpool (1st Tournament)
18 FW
Les Ferdinand
8 December 1966 (aged 29) 10 England Newcastle United (1st Tournament)
19 DF
Phil Neville
21 January 1977 (aged 19) 1 England Manchester United (1st Tournament)
20 MF
Steve Stone
20 August 1971 (aged 24) 6 England Nottingham Forest (1st Tournament)
21 FW
Robbie Fowler
9 April 1975 (aged 21) 3 England Liverpool (1st Tournament)
22 GK
Ian Walker
31 October 1971 (aged 24) 2 England Tottenham Hotspur
(1st Tournament)

3 Players - 3rd Tournament *
3 Players - 2nd Tournament *
16 Players - 1st Tournament *

* This includes competing in the 1996 Euro Tournament.

2016 Euro Squad

Rooney - 6 Tournaments*
Milner - 4 Tournaments*
Hart - 4 Tournaments*
Henderson - 3 Tournaments*
8 Players - 2 Tournaments*
14 Players - 1st Tournaments*

*Includes if they compete in Euro 2016
3 Players might miss out.

EURO 1996 - 6 Players would be competing in their 2nd Tournament or more.
EURO2016 - 12 Players will be competing in their 2nd Tournament or more.

I would say that the EURO 2016 has more experience then the 1996 squad who actually reached the Semi-Finals.

I know I'm bored. :think:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 26, 2016 9:01 am

Shocking looking at how few caps that Euro 96 squad had! Half the squad had less than 10 caps.

DC

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:56 am

THE PRINCE OF WALES wrote:i can remember the battle of cardiff in 1976 under the old format of the euros,when wales palyes yugoslavia and a east german ref rudy glockner cost wales the game.in the quarter finals.58 years of pain nearly over.
was that when riots broke out and a copper got speared through the neck with a corner flag?

THE PRINCE OF WALES

Post by THE PRINCE OF WALES » Thu May 26, 2016 8:33 pm

yes it was

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat May 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Rashford certainly seems to have given himself a real chance following his performance against Australia.

I really can see him being in the final 23. Sturridge isn't certain to go because he has another injury. And if Rooney goes and is used in midfield, that leaves another space for a striker.

Right now, I think Delph, Barkley and Townsend or Sturridge will be the players dropped - depending on Sturridge's injury.

Drinkwater is another who might miss out, but with Henderson and Wilshere lacking fitness, it'd be a risk to leave Drinkwater behind.

As for the team, it's obvious Wilshere cannot play as a holding midfielder. But Hodgson wants Dier, Alli and Rooney all to start, I struggle to see where Wilshere fits in.

At this point, I'd go with:

Hart; Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Bertrand; Dier, Alli, Henderson, Rooney; Vardy, Kane. With Rooney at the tip of a diamond in behind Kane and Vardy, and Dier holding.

Walker and Bertrand just seem in better form, and certainly Bertrand gives me more defensive confidence than Rose (although not much). And for all Stones didn't do much wrong last night, he didn't fill me with confidence either.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 am

Sturridge must be bricking it. There was a shot of him after Rashford scored and he looked gutted.

Rooney when he came on as a striker was excellent. Exceptional movement and he took his goal brilliantly. He still has a big part to play as a forward. I expect Sturridge to miss out because you don't want to carry players who are not fit/may get injured early in the tournament. Rashford has basically shown he can do what Sturridge can but he has form and momentum.

I really hope Barkley goes - although he is a bit out of form he's got that unpredictable streak and can really scare defenders.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:57 am

Townsend and Drinkwater get dropped from the final squad.