Hazard and the ball boy

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Dn1
Team Supported: Darlington

Hazard and the ball boy

Post by Dn1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 pm

... :shock: Safe to say, I have now seen it all in football. The ball boy shouldn't of tried to hold onto the ball the way he did, but Hazard shouldn't of reacted the way he did either!

Dn1
"Paris and the fall. The last months of the year and the end of the milenium. The city hold many memories for me...of cafes, of music, of love....and of death...."

lo36789

Re: Swansea v Chelsea Ball Boy Incident...

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Oh really it was nothing. You see kids playing around doing worse to each other. He probably 'had' to go because of the kicking action but he ball boy was pathetic and a little irritating. It was naive at worst.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm

The little s*** will be eyeing up a nice fat cheque now.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Wouldn't have been a red card in our league...

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

The whole situation is just a matter of ifs and buts really, one of the stupidest/funniest things I have ever seen though.......the lad was 17 btw, just saying.

darlopaul

Post by darlopaul » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Let's face it, the little fat b****** deserved it. Glad Swansea went through though.

inappropriateh

Hazard and the ball boy

Post by inappropriateh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Complete joke. Hazard goes to retrieve the ball, ball boy falls on top of it and refuses to let go, hazard attempts to kick the ball from underneath the dozy ball boy and retrieves the ball. He clearly kicks the ball and not the dozy ball boy who then rolls about on the floor feigning injury. No doubt hazard will get a long ban for this and I do not have any affinity to Chelsea but this is a sorry situation for all concerned

Big Tim

Re: Hazard and the ball boy

Post by Big Tim » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 pm

inappropriateh wrote:Complete joke. Hazard goes to retrieve the ball, ball boy falls on top of it and refuses to let go, hazard attempts to kick the ball from underneath the dozy ball boy and retrieves the ball. He clearly kicks the ball and not the dozy ball boy who then rolls about on the floor feigning injury. No doubt hazard will get a long ban for this and I do not have any affinity to Chelsea but this is a sorry situation for all concerned
There's already a thread about this in off-topic

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Big Tim wrote:The whole situation is just a matter of ifs and buts really, one of the stupidest/funniest things I have ever seen though.......the lad was 17 btw, just saying.
17 you say? Makes his Twitter profile all the more interesting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Wonder if Daddy bought his white Audi. 17yr old and parents buy their sons/daughters a car like that or even a car at all. Make them stand on their own two feet ffs
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Both as stupid as each other if you ask me but if you go around appearing to put the boot into a kid then you are going off.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 pm

Aye he is 17 as he says he is not 18 till August. He looks to be recovering well though.Image

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm

inappropriateh wrote:Complete joke. Hazard goes to retrieve the ball, ball boy falls on top of it and refuses to let go, hazard attempts to kick the ball from underneath the dozy ball boy and retrieves the ball. He clearly kicks the ball and not the dozy ball boy who then rolls about on the floor feigning injury. No doubt hazard will get a long ban for this and I do not have any affinity to Chelsea but this is a sorry situation for all concerned
Wrong, clearly kicks him in the ribs

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ll-1552195

Conster44

Post by Conster44 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 pm

At first i thought it was the ball boys fault for not letting go but if you watch the full replay you see why it was hazards fault. Firstly it was a goalkick to Swansea so there was no need for hazard to go and get the ball and secondly he clearly grappled the kid to the floor and prodded him several times. The kid was right to curl up and defend himself after being launched to the ground. And lets not forget that studs in the ribs can really bloody hurt.

inappropriateh

Post by inappropriateh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Yeh and that's why the ball pops out magically when hazard kicks the ball boy! One camera angle shows his boot clearly kicking the ball other angles are not favourable I admit. Dont like Chelsea so not going to rant on about it but now even our ball boys are trying to trick the ref!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Conster44 wrote:At first i thought it was the ball boys fault for not letting go but if you watch the full replay you see why it was hazards fault. Firstly it was a goalkick to Swansea so there was no need for hazard to go and get the ball and secondly he clearly grappled the kid to the floor and prodded him several times. The kid was right to curl up and defend himself after being launched to the ground. And lets not forget that studs in the ribs can really bloody hurt.
completely agree with this. Just as bad as Cantona's kung fu kick because the victim was a naive kid. Hazzard cause the incident by grappling the lad to the floor as he was going albeit slowly to retrieve the ball. Incidentally, in front of a couple of kids which is the worst thing about it. Sends out a great message.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

What the hell are you watching? Hazard didn't grapple him to the floor at all. He had every right to go for the ball, when there's 5mins to go in a cup semi final you want play to resume quickly.
Curl up and defend himself? Fuck me I've heard it all now, the kid deserved it for being a prick. Hazard clearly tried to get the ball with his hands, failing that kick it from under him, wouldn't you have done the same ?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm

DL5 wrote:
Wrong, clearly kicks him in the ribs

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ll-1552195
Wrong, clearly kicks the ball

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 pm

The kid wasn't hurled to the ground, and was he fuck defending himself: he was being a little prick and trying to hang onto the ball.

All Hazard did was try to get the ball off him first, and when the ball boy fell over and on top of the ball, he kicked the ball from under him. The fake reaction from the boy was worse than anything Hazard did, and if he didn't want that to happen to him, then he should have done his job properly and not acted like an annoying little bellend.

Oh and Ashley William's reaction was absolutely ludicrous as well. Hazard did nothing wrong.

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 pm

The kid was a dick to do what he did but then again he is 17 and Hazard is a grown man.
Last edited by Dave_from_London on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Dave_from_London wrote:The kid was a dick to do what he did but then again he is 17 and Hazard is a grown man.
So? It's not like he assaulted him, although you'd think that from his and Ashley William's reactions.

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Dave_from_London wrote:The kid was a dick to do what he did but then again he is 17 and Hazard is a grown man.
So? It's not like he assaulted him, although you'd think that from his and Ashley William's reactions.
Yeah thats true, Ashley Williams was an even bigger dick for reacting that way. I think the boy was wrong for what he did but he is a youngster and we've all been young once.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Referee had to give a red card. Hazard should not have been there. Swansea have to seriously be reprimanded for not training their staff. Ball boy was out of oreder.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:52 pm

In my opinion, Hazard did not kick out with intent to kick the kid, he is going for the ball, the kid has something to answer, what the hell was he thinking about being a fanny with the ball...

As for Hazard, he has been caught and he should be punished then draw a line under it

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 pm

It's his own fault for not doing his job and being a little bellend. All Hazard was trying to do was get the ball.

But no, let's victimise Hazard as a monster and dramatise the whole thing totally out of proportion. He was only an innocent toddler after all.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:It's his own fault for not doing his job and being a little bellend. All Hazard was trying to do was get the ball.

But no, let's victimise Hazard as a monster and dramatise the whole thing totally out of proportion. He was only an innocent toddler after all.
Maybe he was doing his job, and he'd been told not to give the ball back quickly. If he was a darlo ball boy, and there was ten minutes left in a semi final, I wouldn't expect him to do chelsea any favours. Lying on the ball just shows a bit of initiative!
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 am

inappropriateh wrote:Yeh and that's why the ball pops out magically when hazard kicks the ball boy! One camera angle shows his boot clearly kicking the ball other angles are not favourable I admit. Dont like Chelsea so not going to rant on about it but now even our ball boys are trying to trick the ref!
You saw the ball pop out?
Hazard only got the ball after the lad turned over after the kick, revealing the ball :D
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 am

Show me the rule book where it says ball boys must rush as quickly as possible to get the ball back .

Hazards deserves everything that comes to him.

Btw is that right the b.boy is also the swansea chairmans son ?
Think before posting

Darlospike

Post by Darlospike » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 am

Maybe he was doing his job, and he'd been told not to give the ball back quickly. If he was a darlo ball boy, and there was ten minutes left in a semi final, I wouldn't expect him to do chelsea any favours. Lying on the ball just shows a bit of initiative![/quote]

Biggest load of guff ive ever read! A ball boy is there to make the game quicker, nothing else! Unless you are adopting the win by all means method, which I call cheating?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:43 am

Play-acting at it's finest by the ball-boy. Little prick.