Capacity

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Capacity

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Obviously the temporary stand should increase the ground capacity slightly, are we looking at getting that reassessed?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ingleby

Re: Capacity

Post by Ingleby » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:47 pm

How does a 200 seat stand increase capacity?

It doesn't.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:49 pm

thought where the new stand is that there was grass before that was not included for capacity, thus extra numbers

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Ingleby wrote:How does a 200 seat stand increase capacity?

It doesn't.
It does. Bishop's capacity was assessed based on the 'green guide', therefore putting in a seated stand should increase their attendance if re-assessed.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:20 pm

I see. How much would that cost?

Aren't we supposedly taking it with us?
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Ingleby wrote:How does a 200 seat stand increase capacity?

It doesn't.
First of all it's 312 seats.

Secondly there was only hard standing there before.

Simply - capacity of stand minus previous hard standing capacity in the footprint of the stand should mean an increase in capacity - I'd guess about 200 - and that's worth having.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Not thought about it yet although that doesn't mean we won't do it. Don't know what's involved with ground grading but we will look into it. Will discuss at Sunday's board meeting.

Titchy Tori

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:32 pm

:lol:

Definitely bring it up because there could come a time when we need extra capacity and we've just created extra capacity by erecting the stand - it'd be insane not to use it.

Tori_Gill

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Quakerz wrote::lol:

Definitely bring it up because there could come a time when we need extra capacity and we've just created extra capacity by erecting the stand - it'd be insane not to use it.
Find out how to do it and the costs and let me know ;-)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Ask one of the Bishop directors if they know who is in charge of ground grading, safety certificates and how to get the capacity assessed and I'm sure they'll know? They'll obviously have experience of it and could help us I would guess.

I'm not having a go by the way, just think it's an important point to consider, we all know the ground could get a bit small for us for crunch games and if we're turning people away we're turning money away.

Let us know what happens, ta.

Tori_Gill

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:33 pm

I will bring it up at the meeting Sunday. No bother.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Quakerz wrote:Ask one of the Bishop directors if they know who is in charge of ground grading, safety certificates and how to get the capacity assessed and I'm sure they'll know? They'll obviously have experience of it and could help us I would guess.

I'm not having a go by the way, just think it's an important point to consider, we all know the ground could get a bit small for us for crunch games and if we're turning people away we're turning money away.

Let us know what happens, ta.
Depends on the cost of upgrading against the number of times we'll use the extra capacity. If we're talking 5 figures then we would need to be confident that we could get enough extra fans in enough times for it to be worthwhile.

I genuinely have no idea, but just something else that needs taking into account before just assuming it will pay for itself.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 pm

I really doubt that getting a bloke to wander round and do a few calculations is going to cost 5 figures! Bishop will have had this cost themselves as well as every other club with a ground.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:43 am

Quakerz wrote:I really doubt that getting a bloke to wander round and do a few calculations is going to cost 5 figures! Bishop will have had this cost themselves as well as every other club with a ground.
I see, I misunderstood - I thought that by saying 'get the capacity reassessed' you were talking about getting the stand made bigger so we could fit more in, not assessing whether the current capacity figure is correct.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 am

No, LOL.

My view is we've spent money already on providing extra seats, which should provide extra ground capacity. Therefore it needs re-assessing so we can take advantage of what we've already spent on seats!

Say we're playing a crunch game and it's going to be an all ticket sell out, I'd rather have 2,204 tickets to sell than 2,004.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:25 pm

You need to contact the SGSA, however as we're only tenants it's probably something Bishop need to do - if they want to that is.

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk ... ?staffid=1

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Then we need to talk to Bishop. I'm sure that if the cost isn't great and we offer to cover than cost then Bishop will not object?

As I said before, we've paid for a stand that should increase capacity, the capacity isn't great, therefore it should be a no brainer.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 pm

If / When we move and take that stand I'm sure it will need to be reassessed so we may need to pay for effectively 2 assessments.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Oh fuck it then for fucks sake.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Quakerz wrote:Oh fuck it then for fucks sake.
I'm not suggesting it won't be worthwhile, just need to think about these things that's all!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Hilly wrote:If / When we move and take that stand I'm sure it will need to be reassessed so we may need to pay for effectively 2 assessments.

Surely it just goes back to what it was before. No assessment needed?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

DC

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Spyman wrote:
Hilly wrote:If / When we move and take that stand I'm sure it will need to be reassessed so we may need to pay for effectively 2 assessments.

Surely it just goes back to what it was before. No assessment needed?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Perhaps. I just know what The FA are like for their rules / guidelines. I'd imagine they'd want to have a completely new check before they were satisfied.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Ground grading is done once a year.

Capacity is not grading so can't see why the FA would need a full re-grade.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:32 pm

I can't see this is going to cost too much I'd almost argue that some one could do this virtually and won't require a physical visit.

The Ground Capacity Grading people whoever these wonderful people are will have a pretty simple calculation based upon the width of standing x the perimeter of the pitch + and additional seating/standing in the form of a stand.

Surely we can just submit an images of our new stand with details of it's dimensions they can subtract whatever that is from their initial calculation of bodies and add on the seats that we have.

I can't imagine for the sake of 200 people which is probably the max we can hope for they are going to have to re-evaluate the capability of our turnstiles and facilities and even if that does have an impact they know what they are, they havn't changed!