New stand and ground capacity

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

New stand and ground capacity

Post by Quakerz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 am

Obviously when the new stand is ready, it should increase the ground capacity maybe by 150-200, and from our POV this could be very important.

So how and when does a ground capacity get calculated, and I suppose we would be responsible for the cost of this, should we want the capacity reviewed?

The Bishop capacity is calculated through the green guide.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Re: New stand and ground capacity

Post by Tori_Gill » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Stand capacity is 312. Capacity at the moment is 2,004 so it's likely it will increase. I will be honest an say I don't think we have looked at getting the ground re-graded as we are not sure of costs so will need to discuss it with bishop.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't think it needs re-grading, but certainly it is very important to get the capacity reviewed.

I doubt it would cost much as they would just take into account the new stand and everything else would be as you were.

Whatever the cost, Bishop should shoulder half of it, because they are benefiting from that stand too - they will be letting their fans sit in it!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 am

Quakerz wrote:I don't think it needs re-grading, but certainly it is very important to get the capacity reviewed.

I doubt it would cost much as they would just take into account the new stand and everything else would be as you were.

Whatever the cost, Bishop should shoulder half of it, because they are benefiting from that stand too - they will be letting their fans sit in it!
Yeah but when we move later down the line that stand moves with us, so their capacity get's 'down-graded' again.

I can't imagine Bishop wanting to pay for a re-grading when in all liklihood it's not going to affect them e.g. other than playing us when are they going to threaten their capacity?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 am

True, but WE might need the extra capacity.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am

Quakerz wrote:True, but WE might need the extra capacity.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I agree (should we continue this form throughout the season). I just don't think Bishop are likely to want to pay for something that will be of little use to them.

Certainly something to look at over the coming months.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Hilly wrote:I can't imagine Bishop wanting to pay for a re-grading when in all liklihood it's not going to affect them e.g. other than playing us when are they going to threaten their capacity?
Exactly right, the only game they'd have benefited from this has been and gone.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Hilly wrote:
You mean days.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Hilly wrote:
You mean days.
Not in my eyes. Think there's bigger problems to iron out with the matchday experience first, once those have been sorted then we can possibly look to do something.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Months surely, im not even sure why this is a question at all really..

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Why should it take months to reassess the capacity? One phone call to the right person will do, obviously if the cost is steep then it drops down the priority list - I understand that.