The New Stands

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

pastandpresent
Team Supported: Darlington

The New Stands

Post by pastandpresent » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm

When I went in to the covered market to buy a season ticket around 3 weeks ago I asked if there were any seated tickets left for sale. When I was told there was I was delighted to hand over my cash for what I thought would be a seat on the side of the pitch.

At Tuesday nights game it became apparent that whilst not in use just yet, the new seats are going to be behind the goal. This is not what I signed up for.

Can you advise is there any season tickets left in the main stand and if not can I exchange my seated ticket for a standing ticket please?

divas

Re: The New Stands

Post by divas » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Unfortunately there are no tickets left in the main stand, these were allocated on a needs basis through a ballot some weeks ago. As you'll appreciate there's only 200 seats available in there. I'd personally love one in there too but there simply isn't enough to go around - the reverse of previous seasons at the Arena.

What is it that puts you off the other stand? The fact that it's not at the side of the pitch?

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 pm

The roof will also be going on over the next few weeks which will make a difference but there are no seats left in the main stand and the deadline for applications was 2-3 weeks ago.

pastandpresent

Post by pastandpresent » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 pm

I prefer to watch any footy game from the side of the pitch, in my opinion it gives you a better overall view of the ebb and flow of the game rather than not being able to tell if the game is just outside your own penalty area or mid way into the oppositions half.

TheOnlyWayIsUp
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by TheOnlyWayIsUp » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:24 am

pastandpresent wrote:I prefer to watch any footy game from the side of the pitch, in my opinion it gives you a better overall view of the ebb and flow of the game rather than not being able to tell if the game is just outside your own penalty area or mid way into the oppositions half.
I understand where you are coming from, but if you want the best view then just sit at the top of the new stand. You should be able to get a clear view of what is happening from up there.