Someone offering to give us a bit more publicity here...

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Someone offering to give us a bit more publicity here...

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:37 am

This popped up on the facebook site, it's probably already been read by a few others but maybe Tori or someone would like to make formal contact?

Hello!

SIMON KERINS' SPORTSCALL WANTS TO HELP THE 'SAVE DARLINGTON' CAMPAIGN!

I am contacting you with regard to SportsCall, my hugely popular interactive sports programme that aired on Ribble Valley Media between August 2009 and September 2010. I am delighted to inform you that the show is returning to the internet! From week commencing Monday 16 July, a pre-recorded broadcast will be available weekly on YouTube and via Facebook and Twitter.

Although it focused mainly on sport in East Lancashire, the programme attracted listeners from all over the world as it gained a reputation for high-quality features and listener interaction. SportsCall was also unique in that it combined sporting conversation with music.

As well as presiding over regular fans’ forums that brought together supporters of Blackburn Rovers and Burnley, I conducted special guest interviews with former Rovers manager Sam Allardyce, Ewood Park favourite David Dunn, Accrington Stanley chief executive Rob Heys, former manager John Coleman and snooker legend Steve Davis.

Despite its new format, previous listeners can rest assured that SportsCall will retain the features that made it so popular first time around:

REVIEW OF THE WEEK : I round up the sporting week

EAST LANCS FOOTBALL : The latest from Rovers, Burnley, Stanley etc

LOCAL CRICKET ROUND-UP : News from Ribblesdale & East Lancs Leagues

FANS’ THOUGHTS : Listeners’ views on anything sporting

GUEST SPOTS : I speak with supporters and stars alike

NOTICES : What’s going on in YOUR sporting world

Through SportsCall, I am very keen to bring the plight of Darlington - and the Save Darlington campaign - to the attention of as many listeners as possible. I would, therefore, be most grateful if you could forward me any up-to-date news items, details of fundraising events etc.

Please send any information to me via Facebook or, alternatively, at simonkerinssportscall@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon; in the meantime, please be assured of very best wishes.

Kind regards,

Simon

Simon J Kerins
Presenter – Producer
SportsCall
simonkerinssportscall@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/l/xAQGV3reAAQGN ... eden.co.uk
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

craig_mckenna
Team Supported: Newcastle

Re: Someone offering to give us a bit more publicity here...

Post by craig_mckenna » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 am

Thanks for this, it was forwarded to me yesterday and is in hand :)