FAO: CIC administration

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

still_darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

FAO: CIC administration

Post by still_darlo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:00 pm

I transferred money directly from crowdcube into the CIC on May 22nd. I've sent three emails through the CIC website, but still had no acknowledgement.

Can whoever is responsible for receiving CIC deposits please get in touch.

still_darlo

Re: FAO: CIC administration

Post by still_darlo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Without wishing to seem whiny - five emails to the cic/1883 website, two posts here, seven weeks' waiting just for a confirmation. It may only be a tenth of what I originally pledged, but it's still a hundred quid, and I'd like to know it went where it was supposed to go.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 pm

still_darlo wrote:Without wishing to seem whiny - five emails to the cic/1883 website, two posts here, seven weeks' waiting just for a confirmation. It may only be a tenth of what I originally pledged, but it's still a hundred quid, and I'd like to know it went where it was supposed to go.
Can anyone help still_darlo with this. Normally see response to these so presume it is just being missed any able to resolve.

craig_mckenna
Team Supported: Newcastle

Post by craig_mckenna » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 pm

My info is that Still_darlo has been emailed 4 times in response to his emails.

Laura will PM him through here to try and make sure a connection is made.

There is a lot going on in the background but we are pretty much up to date on CIC admin.

still_darlo

Post by still_darlo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 am

Thanks, Les, for trying to help.

Craig, I would have thought that given what I have said in my posts you would be addressing me personally, not 'he'. This forum is supposed to be for direct, one-to-one communication.

As you know, people just don't 'not receive' emails. If the address is correct, either they go to an inbox or a spam folder, neither of which has been the case here. One email, from Laura via questions@savedarlo.org, was received at therichardcarter@gmail.com on July 3rd, which I replied to immediately. Since then...more silence. The 'savedarlo' contact is clearly not working properly. Your implication that it's somehow my fault for not responding to emails is unwelcome.

I'm in the US, and am not about to follow this simple matter up by telephone, nor should there be any need.

Surely somebody can send a confirmation to the email address contained in this post.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Keep your hair on sunshine, im sure they'll get through to you in the end

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:01 pm

One thing I think that needs tidying up is who exactly to contact (or to wait for contact from), and exactly which of the 12,000 email addresses is the right one for each type of query. I've had unanswered emails myself, nothing urgent and am happy to wait or seek answers elsewhere, but some people still expect a full time professional response from a voluntary set-up.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Just a bump for this one - I joined, paid up etc a couple of weeks ago but have had nothing by way of a confirmation by e-mail, post or otherwise. I know there's a lot going on to get ready for the new season, but I have to say that even an automated response just so I have some form of receipt for my payment would be much appreciated.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 pm

I've since sent emails to both the CIC and the football club. I'll reiterate that I know everyone involved is volunteering and has never done this before, but I've used the supposed correct channels and unless I'm mistaken, these channels are not being checked, or my relatively simple request/suggestion has been ignored. Happy to be corrected/kept informed. Thanks.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Spyman wrote:I've since sent emails to both the CIC and the football club. I'll reiterate that I know everyone involved is volunteering and has never done this before, but I've used the supposed correct channels and unless I'm mistaken, these channels are not being checked, or my relatively simple request/suggestion has been ignored. Happy to be corrected/kept informed. Thanks.

Not sure they will appreciate me saying this but go direct via PM to Laura & Tori. I think improvement is needed in the long run in terms of response via the official channel but can't see you not getting a response direct to Laura or/and Tori.

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:33 pm

By all means contact me via my email address. Got so much going on at the mo so for quickness I don't mind. Torigill@hotmail.co.uk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Tori, I'll drop you a line when back in the UK but I was really after a very simple acknowledgement of my membership of the CIC and suggested that now the season had started, a quick email chucked out to all founder members might be a quick win in terms of communication.

DC