seating at Bishop

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tojo
Team Supported: Darlington

seating at Bishop

Post by tojo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:44 pm

When at Bishop on Saturday I noticed that when there was a light shower the first segment of the stand got very wet . Spoke to a chap from Bishops and he said that this was a problem because the wind generally blew in the same direction.It will be very uncomfortable for people sitting there when it rains. The new stand will be facing in that direction and there could be the same the same problem for the fans sitting there, has any thought been given to this .

Quakerz

Re: seating at Bishop

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Which bit got wet, the front rows or one of the sides?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

tojo

Post by tojo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm

The left hand side as you look out on to the pitch. all the seats upto the first aisle were soaked.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Is this post a piss take? Get a grip!

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:53 pm

love it! wrote:Is this post a piss take? Get a grip!

I did wonder.

People get wet at football match shock!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Answering this post seriously, I think we've been mollycoddled over the years at The Area because the whole stadium is enclosed therefore if you were seated you were pretty certain you were going to stay dry.

Now that we're in an open plan stadium it's only natural that the wind will blow the elements around more than we're used to, so people are bound to get wet. There's no solution to that.

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Hilly wrote:...we've been mollycoddled over the years at The Area because the whole stadium is enclosed therefore if you were seated you were pretty certain you were going to stay dry.
It also kept us freezing cold as well!, bring on some other elements I welcome them whole heartedly

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:00 pm

tojo wrote:The left hand side as you look out on to the pitch. all the seats upto the first aisle were soaked.
So, what do you expect anyone to do, I mean seriously? As far as I'm aware the stand will go behind the goal, because that's the easiest place to put a foundation obviously with the land being fairly flat there.

If the wind blows towards that stand then it's just tough luck isn't it? The wind can blow from any direction by the way.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Hilly wrote:Answering this post seriously, I think we've been mollycoddled over the years at The Area because the whole stadium is enclosed therefore if you were seated you were pretty certain you were going to stay dry.

Now that we're in an open plan stadium it's only natural that the wind will blow the elements around more than we're used to, so people are bound to get wet. There's no solution to that.
I agree about the Arena Hilly, it was taking for granted I think...

As for people getting wet, well 2/3 of the support will get wet as the majority will be standing round the pitch...Next Season is going to interesting, and this is what football should be all about and going back to basics and getting wet would not deter me from going
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:39 pm

tojo wrote:When at Bishop on Saturday I noticed that when there was a light shower the first segment of the stand got very wet . Spoke to a chap from Bishops and he said that this was a problem because the wind generally blew in the same direction.It will be very uncomfortable for people sitting there when it rains. The new stand will be facing in that direction and there could be the same the same problem for the fans sitting there, has any thought been given to this .
We have absolutely no control over the weather and the temp stand can only fit behind the other goal. Our most viable option is to sell DFC poncho's (lots of suggestions for this) but it hasn't really been a priority for us to source and price. Hopefully we can add these to our range of products soon.
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.