Season 12/13

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Season 12/13

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 pm

What is the reason the FA have given for us to be allowed to play in season 12/13, did we ever apply as a new club to play.

Surely a new club has to apply and I am wondering if we ever applied to join the League Pyramid.

al_quaker

Re: Season 12/13

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Yeah I'm confused too. Similar sentiments, so I'll chuck it in here.

The FA are treating us as a new club. Why then are we allowed to play this coming season? As surely as a "new club" we would have had to apply, but the deadline is the end of March. The "new club" was surely not formed then. As far as my limited knowledge goes, we shouldn't be allowed to play in 12/13 (like Rushden and Diamonds).

Have the FA explained this?

Thanks

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 pm

al_quaker wrote:Yeah I'm confused too. Similar sentiments, so I'll chuck it in here.

The FA are treating us as a new club. Why then are we allowed to play this coming season? As surely as a "new club" we would have had to apply, but the deadline is the end of March. The "new club" was surely not formed then. As far as my limited knowledge goes, we shouldn't be allowed to play in 12/13 (like Rushden and Diamonds).

Have the FA explained this?

Thanks
Oh please don't give them any ideas, they're probably so slow they haven't realised yet!
COME ON DARLO!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:17 pm

:lol: It wouldn't surprise me tbh. Day before the season starts, and the FA ring up and say we can't play this season.

TrueDarloFan

Post by TrueDarloFan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:24 pm

The FA will most likely not let us play if we choose a new name that they do not approve of.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 am

I know things are pretty bust at the moment, but is there any answer to these questions? It's playing on my mind a bit! I need closure :lol:

Thanks

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 pm

I have been thinking about it too...

If I was a Rushden fan, I would be well pissed off at the FA's application of there own rule book
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:16 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:What is the reason the FA have given for us to be allowed to play in season 12/13, did we ever apply as a new club to play.

Surely a new club has to apply and I am wondering if we ever applied to join the League Pyramid.
We had no direct reasoning on this point, but I gather that it was at the discretion of the FA given the situation we had found ourselves in. We did apply for a new playing licence.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:39 pm

herts_darlo wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:What is the reason the FA have given for us to be allowed to play in season 12/13, did we ever apply as a new club to play.

We had no direct reasoning on this point, but I gather that it was at the discretion of the FA given the situation we had found ourselves in. We did apply for a new playing licence.
So, really this could be their concession towards our punishment - to start a season earlier than we should at the highest level a newco can be placed? If it wasn't so appalling the way we had been treated in the process it would almost come across as them being nice to us lol
COME ON DARLO!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:59 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:
herts_darlo wrote:

So, really this could be their concession towards our punishment - to start a season earlier than we should at the highest level a newco can be placed? If it wasn't so appalling the way we had been treated in the process it would almost come across as them being nice to us lol
Discussed on NLZ and I have now read the rules, section 6.3 interesting part http://tinyurl.com/76ywuf3

Basically if we applied before the second Sat in May to be considered as a new club of the old club this was allowed and not as previously believed the 31st March.
6.3 If a Club (whether a Members’ Club or a Company) is liquidated, ceases to trade or is removed from its League or withdraws from football competition (‘the Former Club’), and then wishes to establish a new Club (‘the New Club’) and be placed within the NLS other than as set out in Regulation 5.3, then unless otherwise determined by the LC, it will be allowed to make an application only to join a League/division a minimum of two Steps below the most recent League/division of which the Former Club was a member when it was liquidated, ceased to trade, or removed from its League or withdrew from football competition.

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Discussed on NLZ and I have now read the rules, section 6.3 interesting part http://tinyurl.com/76ywuf3

Basically if we applied before the second Sat in May to be considered as a new club of the old club this was allowed and not as previously believed the 31st March.
6.3 If a Club (whether a Members’ Club or a Company) is liquidated, ceases to trade or is removed from its League or withdraws from football competition (‘the Former Club’), and then wishes to establish a new Club (‘the New Club’) and be placed within the NLS other than as set out in Regulation 5.3, then unless otherwise determined by the LC, it will be allowed to make an application only to join a League/division a minimum of two Steps below the most recent League/division of which the Former Club was a member when it was liquidated, ceased to trade, or removed from its League or withdrew from football competition.
Yeah - this bit got interesting, because it got into a discussion as to whether 2009 was still trading as a football club etc. There were bookings that the old company had to honour and therefore the old football club was still definitely still in existence (though I argued only trading as an events company after the season ended).

Bottom line was that we were arguing for discretion to apply to a League at all - we got the application in before the second Saturday in May, which was the deadline under the rule above. At that point there was debate whether we could fit under 6.3 as the Conference (to my knowledge) still hadn't ejected us either - they couldn't deal with 1883 at that point as we did not own the club.