Shildon Groundshare Agreement

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Charlie_Darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Shildon Groundshare Agreement

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sat May 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Given the speculation regarding Darlington FC being placed in the Northern League, if this were to happen, could 1883 back out of the ground share agreement with Shildon FC?

I ask the question as there obviously is a ground that already has Northern League Div 1 grading in Darlington - Darlington RA's Brinkburn Road. Blackwell Meadows could also be quickly brought up to that standard ahead of the season at moderate expense given that it already has cover, limited seating, a railed off pitch and floodlights, but dispensation would be needed.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Re: Shildon Groundshare Agreement

Post by love it! » Sat May 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Yet another idiotic post.

No decision can be made until the FA announce which league we will be in. Just await the decision and then 1883 can make the proper decision.

Anyhow, why would the RA accept Darlington playing on there ground...

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat May 19, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm not so sure that would be possible given Shildon's latest press release i.e. We would be breaking the contract...

However obviously I don't know the full in's and out's of the contract.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 3:37 pm

The RA only has a capacity of 1,000. That's no good.

If we could somehow get it to 2,000+ with minimal expense, then it becomes a big option, it has to.

That said, our application for a footballing share will be based on already having a lease in place, which is Shildon. I doubt the FA would be too happy if we tried to get out of it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 19, 2012 3:38 pm

I'd imagine we could, but we'd almost certainly have to pay £25k to Shildon. Personally I feel that the RA ground would not be suitable or be able to cope with the number of Darlo fans turning up.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat May 19, 2012 4:52 pm

The below is a reply from Tori from the answered part of this thread (Reassurance), which indicated that we do have a get out clause. However, i expect it only applies if we are placed in the Evostick League and Shildon's ground doesn't come up to that standard and we are subsequently denied entry. Thoughts?

"Craig mentioned it in a previous thread that we do have a get out clause in the lease. The meeting is with the FA tomorrow and I will update you as soon as I can but we have been assured that we will have the time to bring Shildon's ground up to standard. In terms of other grounds i.e. the RA, Denis also said on Friday that all doors have been left open at other grounds depending on where we are placed."
COME ON DARLO!

RA1919
Team Supported: Darlington RA

Post by RA1919 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 am

love it! wrote: Anyhow, why would the RA accept Darlington playing on there ground...
Because it would generate more money for us. I'm all for letting you use it if you were to come asking.
Darlington RA keeping the faith

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm

RA1919 wrote:
love it! wrote: Anyhow, why would the RA accept Darlington playing on there ground...
Because it would generate more money for us. I'm all for letting you use it if you were to come asking.
How viable would it be to put temporary stands up at the RA?
It seems the challenges are the height restrictions due to housing around the ground plus the lack of space between the football and cricket pitches.
How much space is there down at the rifle range end?

RA1919

Post by RA1919 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:15 pm

The_Ponderer wrote:
RA1919 wrote:
How viable would it be to put temporary stands up at the RA?
It seems the challenges are the height restrictions due to housing around the ground plus the lack of space between the football and cricket pitches.
How much space is there down at the rifle range end?
That end already has a small covered section with a three step terrace (Just visible behind the Glenwood Paints advertising board. http://www.northernleague.org/photos/im ... gton_4.jpg

The best bet for any temporary seating would be next to the main stand http://www.northernleague.org/photos/im ... gton_3.jpg

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Sun May 20, 2012 5:20 pm

@RA1919,
Thanks for the reply.
Any idea what kind of capacity could be reached by erecting a couple of temporary stands?

RA1919

Post by RA1919 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:36 am

The_Ponderer wrote:@RA1919,
Thanks for the reply.
Any idea what kind of capacity could be reached by erecting a couple of temporary stands?
Tbh with you it's a very difficult question to answer as their is no definitive official capacity for Brinkburn Road as it stands. Certainly the last time I was aware we had a legal safety certificate for 3,000 however IMO, it would be very unlikely we could cope with a crowd that size and people would be unable to see most of the pitch etc. with the ground in its current form. The main seated stand has roughly 120 seats in it so then I guess it would come down to the size of the temporary stands...

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Mon May 21, 2012 10:14 am

Having played for the RA I know the ground well, and the only options for stands would be behind the north goal (knocking down the equipment shed) and an extension of the one in place at the south goal. This would get the place up to EVOstic standard, beyond that then Brinkburn road dose have the space to build a ground and still have space left over for training pitches, but we have our old friend a Cricket Club to kick out before there would be enough space for a Pro football club. This will never happen, lets move on to Blackwell or a reconfigured Arena ( if its still there and not burned down by Christmas).

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Tue May 22, 2012 7:50 pm

In answer to the OP, there is a mechanism within the groundshare agreement to withdraw from the agreement before the end of next season.