Search found 5018 matches

by Darlogramps
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:12 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Potential new signings
Replies: 224
Views: 38106

Re: Potential new signings

I’m praying these puns will stop.
by Darlogramps
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:00 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Potential new signings
Replies: 224
Views: 38106

Re: Potential new signings

There's a big gap in quality between the Evostik and NLN. He played 35 times for a team aiming for League 2 play offs, so not sure the gap between Evostik and NLN is an issue. About 2/3s of those appearances were off the bench, and he’s since been released. 48 appearances in total and he scored onl...
by Darlogramps
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:33 am
Forum: The Off Topic Room
Topic: Woodgate Sacked
Replies: 6
Views: 505

Woodgate Sacked

Hoped he'd remain at Boro to take them down. Was a terrible appointment, as he had no experience, a case of the heart ruling the head. Went way down IMO when he recalled Tyrone days before the Walsall game just to sit on the bench and denied the lad the biggest game of his career.Shocking decision....
by Darlogramps
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:23 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: The Team 20/21 season
Replies: 160
Views: 17905

The Team 20/21 season

LoidLucan wrote:Is it significant that Marske say it is "subject to League and FA approval" given the background?
That’s fairly standard to be honest. That appears on most transfer statements.
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:57 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: The Team 20/21 season
Replies: 160
Views: 17905

Re: The Team 20/21 season

Vodka_Vic wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:09 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:Adam Wrightson offered a new deal at Blyth
Has he signed it??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

http://www.blythspartans.com/news-blyth ... list-2020/

Not sure.
From what Blyth have said, he’s been offered a new deal but not yet signed it.
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:22 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Increasingly unlikely playoffs
Replies: 76
Views: 9126

Increasingly unlikely playoffs

The FA have also explicitly said that they won’t promote anyone to fill gaps higher up the divisions. If the Step 2 play-offs take place, that means four promoted in total to the National League, with three coming down (Chorley, Ebbsfleet and AFC Fylde) to keep Step 1 at 24 teams. That would mean NL...
by Darlogramps
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:31 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Re: Next season’s captain

This is becoming tedious and completely off topic. I'm a bit disappointed in you Gramps as you're usually the first to ask for proof and facts and whilst I don't always agree with you I'll admit you have a penchant for intelligent argument. It feels a little like playground name calling. Oh no, wha...
by Darlogramps
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Next season’s captain

This is becoming tedious and completely off topic. I'm a bit disappointed in you Gramps as you're usually the first to ask for proof and facts and whilst I don't always agree with you I'll admit you have a penchant for intelligent argument. It feels a little like playground name calling. Oh no, wha...
by Darlogramps
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:26 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Re: Next season’s captain

Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona. I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you. You know you ...
by Darlogramps
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Re: Next season’s captain

We are playing in a predominantly part time league in the sixth tier of English football. We really don’t need difficult to manage characters. Nobody at our level is that good they are above the well-being of the team. I want to see a group of players playing for the benefit of the team and enjoyin...
by Darlogramps
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Next season’s captain

Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona. I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you. You know you ...
by Darlogramps
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:42 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Next season’s captain

Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona. I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you. Where did I c...
by Darlogramps
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Next season’s captain

........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing wit...
by Darlogramps
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:09 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Re: Next season’s captain

........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing wit...
by Darlogramps
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:38 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Next season’s captain

Gramps you are entitled to think Styche is a better player than Armstrong but the comparison is not laughable in my opinion. Armstrong was excellent in our championship winning season in the Evostik Premier which is only one level below our current level. In his younger days he played for Gateshead...
by Darlogramps
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:36 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Next season’s captain

Your entitled to the opinion that Styche was a good player especially as he was part of a moderate team but I can think of other strikers who have been at least as good. Graeme Armstrong, Mark Beck and Tyrone O’Neill to name three and I would argue each of them was more of a team player. Can not re...
by Darlogramps
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Next season’s captain

Styche is a decent player at our level but he was a liability in other ways. Pure speculation on my part but I suspect AA would have moved him on had he still been at the club when he arrived. He certainly would not fit in with our wage structure. Possibly part of the reason why he was a cut above ...
by Darlogramps
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:45 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Re: Next season’s captain

AndyPark wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 am
The last thing we need is another Styche type of character who thinks they are a cut above the rest.
The same Reece Styche who saved us from going down? :shock:
And in fairness, Reece Styche WAS a cut above the rest in that squad, ability-wise.
by Darlogramps
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:03 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Re: Cartman +Burn

Nope said that the things called out were simply known symptoms. That's not true is it. I simply questioned why does it have to be a default position on a player who no longer plays for us. Thereby linking Jonny Burn and mental health. And by linking them, you’re raising the possibility he might ha...
by Darlogramps
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Cartman +Burn

clumsy it may have been, but my main point was around why do we have to always be so negative especially when it is rare that we will know the ins and outs - if you can't say something nice...that really was all... And said it was possible he had mental health problems, when you don’t know that. If...
by Darlogramps
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:55 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Re: Cartman +Burn

The original remark was quite clearly a dig at the person not the move - as I have pointed out it is a little illogical otherwise. Anyway I've already over explained the point trying to be made. Why have your default position as having a dig when default could be to wish the lad well and not hold a...
by Darlogramps
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:11 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Re: Next season’s captain

50 years wrote:York also had Steve McNulty at cente half who was vastly experienced at a higher level so may have had a hand in the low goals against?
Tait has played more games than McNulty this season.
by Darlogramps
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:36 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Cartman +Burn

You didn't seem to pick up on more subtle suggestions that if you don't know the facts or situation then maybe being kind should be the starting point until you know otherwise. And not even just being kind - just not being unnecessarily vindictive in a straight comparison between two people. The po...
by Darlogramps
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:01 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Re: Cartman +Burn

Tbh my only thing on it is fair enough be frustrated with how it turned out but all of the things called out that were up with Burn are to some extent clinical signs of depression (diminished commitment, motivation, attitude and more broadly performance). I have no evidence he was. It's a very pers...
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:31 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Cartman +Burn

Speculating openly that a stranger has had clinical depression without any knowledge is not “being kind”.
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:32 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Cartman +Burn

I have no evidence he was. That resolves that then. Speaking as someone who has had mental health issues, I’m going to politely ask you stop speculating about someone else you’ve never met on a public forum when you admit yourself you have no evidence. If I was being particularly uncharitable, I’d ...
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:49 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Next season’s captain
Replies: 99
Views: 8498

Re: Next season’s captain

wizardofos wrote:A thread started by Darlogramps.
Who is going to heckle from the back benches?
Seemingly it’s you. And there’s a lovely irony there.
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:35 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Cartman +Burn

Yes, Burn did have a poor attitude, but he also did at York prior to signing for us. His career had also snowballed prior. Due diligence? Well it was TW who made the signing, and no one can say I never questioned his judgement or ability. I was one of TW’s biggest critics (and got significant abuse...
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:45 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Re: Cartman +Burn

Always makes me laugh when Darlo fans slate Burn for not ripping up his contract or moving on when WE offered him a 2-year deal. Don’t get me wrong, he was awful for us. I honestly don’t know why Whitby have signed him but contracts protect both the player & club and give either, or both, some secu...
by Darlogramps
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:01 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Cartman +Burn
Replies: 35
Views: 3651

Cartman +Burn

Sorry, but I for one am not defending him. He had a very poor attitude for us when he played and took up a big chunk of the budget for 2 years when this should have been a chance for him to reignite his career. Apparently didn't want to know when AA came in and was happy to sit on a wage rather tha...